Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only got ONE so it IS my favorite.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/143982876s.jpg
Old 04-18-2007, 12:22 AM
kw_1055
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May be you can pick one of these two for me.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...d=172990&stc=1

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...d=172991&stc=1
Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 AM
St. Peter
AutoX

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hi St. Peter?
Those thoughts about my cousin were just thoughts. Are we cool?
No problem Dave. The Lord just has issues with false prophets.

In nómine Patris et Fílii et Spíritus Sancti. Amen.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:14 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DerivativesGuy
Harsh OC don't you think? I really like seeing all these photos.
Hi DG, hey, I love seeing them too, don't get me wrong.

I was just teasing this young kid at the way he came on here making his request for pics but only under his rules. It was actually rather amusing, really, and I figured he had to be pretty young to be so ballsy. And to show you I wasn't alone in being taken aback by his special request, take a look at the very first reply in this thread.

The very first poster, instead of immediately complying with the thread starter's unusual request, asks him directly instead "Where is yours?"

And so I teased him a little on his choice of words after seeing this first poster's reaction, which was an understandable reaction. But I also went out of my way to provide him with threads with more pics for him to see, as I figured this is really what he wanted all along.

I was actually surprised he didn't thank me for those pic threads.

Kids today - I tell ya!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
I really tried to resist posting to this thread (since I've posted to every other "show us your car" thread), but this shot needs more exposure (pun intended).

John-really great how you replicated your earlier photo (and one time Avatar I believe?) but with the new wheels.

The car really looks great with those wheels!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by malammik
I only got ONE so it IS my favorite.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/143982876s.jpg
You need to use the "IMG" tags to display a pic (click on the yellow pic icon showing mountains and the sun)

Old 04-18-2007, 01:22 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by St. Peter
OCB, Remember what the Pope said?
Hey Petey, do you remember the Pope?

Good guy he was. Do you know where he is these days? Oh right, I forgot. He's with you, isn't he?

Btw, Dave did a lot more than just have carnal thoughts about his cousin, if you catch my drift. But in MA, 16 and you're clean free.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Jyoder240
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hi DG, hey, I love seeing them too, don't get me wrong.

I was just teasing this young kid at the way he came on here making his request for pics but only under his rules. It was actually rather amusing, really, and I figured he had to be pretty young to be so ballsy. And to show you I wasn't alone in being taken aback by his special request, take a look at the very first reply in this thread.

The very first poster, instead of immediately complying with the thread starter's unusual request, asks him directly instead "Where is yours?"

And so I teased him a little on his choice of words after seeing this first poster's reaction, which was an understandable reaction. But I also went out of my way to provide him with threads with more pics for him to see, as I figured this is really what he wanted all along.

I was actually surprised he didn't thank me for those pic threads.

Kids today - I tell ya!

That was never my intent but either way shouldn't the one who makes the thread also make the rules? Afterall this is a public forum isn't it? I'm allowed to make a thread and also decide that guidelines aren't I? I'm not trying to come across as disrespectful since you have obviously been here a while but its not your job to play mini-moderator and say there's something wrong with the way I worded my post is it?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jyoder240
That was never my intent but either way shouldn't the one who makes the thread also make the rules? Afterall this is a public forum isn't it? I'm allowed to make a thread and also decide that guidelines aren't I? I'm not trying to come across as disrespectful since you have obviously been here a while but its not your job to play mini-moderator and say there's something wrong with the way I worded my post is it?
Uh-oh......................

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Dr. Car
Racer

Great pic of the Club Coupe in Palm Springs by Pete Lech.
Cool photo of a dirty Porsche really getting used, by edwardschmedward. I grow tired of all the perfectly detailed 911s. Do we all have to be so ****? I'm trying not to become one of *those* Porsche owners, but the urge to keep the car totally clean is compelling.

I picked my photo because it was fun having a car that brought a party outside. People heard about it and asked me to show the car and point out what's different from the older 911s they knew. I value Porsches in part for the passion they inspire and the camaraderie they create. I suppose most car club enthusiasts feel that way, but it seems especially true for the P-car.

- Ted
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
Different mommies
cool pic again QKENUFF!
care to reveal your camera tool of choice?
some other favs include,
jyoder240 (though he used the wrong vehicle),
daves (doesnt exactly suck ),
mglobe, mrbonus, haku, leader,

but ben's pic really sucks!
oh wait, he's made more posts than anyone to this thread, but hasn't posted a pic yet!?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
but ben's pic really sucks!
oh wait, he's made more posts than anyone to this thread, but hasn't posted a pic yet!?
I bet he has more posts than he has miles on his 2 yr old car.....

and he has good weather year round, unlike us poor Canuckians, stuck with only 6 good months!!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
OCBen
Banned

That was never my intent but either way shouldn't the one who makes the thread also make the rules?
Yes, but if your rules for participating in the thread are exclusionary you limit the amount of participation in the thread, which is generally contrary to the intentions of most thread starters who strive for maximum participation. Whether you realize it or not, you have excluded me from this thread by the very rules you have laid down. I don't have a pic of my 997 that I can honestly say is my "ONE best pic" yet - I hope to someday. And so if I were to respect your request and strictly follow your rules I can't participate.

Afterall this is a public forum isn't it?
You're only stating the obvious and parroting the 38th post here.

I'm allowed to make a thread and also decide that guidelines aren't I?
It now seems apparent that it was your intent all along, contrary to your claim above.

I'm not trying to come across as disrespectful since you have obviously been here a while but its not your job to play mini-moderator and say there's something wrong with the way I worded my post is it?
You are confusing the role of moderators here. Moderators are not grammar police. They really don't care about sentence structure or if there is something wrong with your syntax or the wording of your posts. So your insult doesn't hold water.

I never said there was "something wrong" with the way you had worded your post. All I ever said was that I had thought you had worded it poorly when it came across that you were stipulating rules for posting pics. But since you have yet to admit that it was a poor choice of words on your part, it now seems you really did mean to put it the way you did. And if so, that would mean I was correct in my observation.

Just keep in mind that a little humility goes a long way whenever you enter a "public forum" for the first time and make special requests of the members there. Most are willing to comply. And those who go out of their way to help you should be thanked. It's only common courtesy.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
LA_Mike
Intermediate

Damn Ben, slow day at work?

He just wanted to see some pictures, if you dont like it, why dont you just move on to the next post? You seem to be the only one that had a problem with his post. Me, the more pictures of Porsches I see, the happier I become.

Back on topic: Still havn't had a chance to take normal pictures of my new baby, but from the 3 I have, this is my favorite.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
cabman4007
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick Reply: Post that ONE best pic of your 997!