Sponsored by:

Post that ONE best pic of your 997!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Mike
Back on topic: Still havn't had a chance to take normal pictures of my new baby, but from the 3 I have, this is my favorite.
Hi Mike...
Not sure I've seen you here before....so, Welcome!
Gotta love Guards Red.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Mike
Damn Ben, slow day at work?

He just wanted to see some pictures, if you dont like it, why dont you just move on to the next post? You seem to be the only one that had a problem with his post. Me, the more pictures of Porsches I see, the happier I become.
Nice car Mike!!

Re, this thread: The numbers kinda speak for themselves...
5 pages, 75 posts (oops EDIT: now 6 pages and 78 posts...so,.. I type slow!!) and almost 2500 views.

Ben's a good guy, sometimes he just gets grumpy, .....
then digs the hole deeper when he switches modes.....
from offense to defense....
even though he would be the last to ever admit being defensive....

Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Nice car Mike!!

Re, this thread: The numbers kinda speak for themselves...
5 pages, 75 posts (oops EDIT: now 6 pages and 78 posts...so,.. I type slow!!) and almost 2500 views.

Ben's a good guy, sometimes he just gets grumpy, .....
then digs the hole deeper when he switches modes.....
from offense to defense....
even though he would be the last to ever admit being defensive....

If you're not a member here you get treated like cr*p. It's an common-as-dirt clique thing.

If you disagree with OCBen you become a target of his derision.

Given his frequent angry outbursts and this being the internet it's a good thing he hasn't attacked and pi**ed off a member of the Russian Mob yet. They'll come looking for him.

I love the turbo-ironic way he gives lessons to others about being respectful and polite.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche_Smile
what the HELL???????? why did you kill this pic with that ferrari....
She's kind of a camera hog.... Still trying to train her to stop doing that.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icon
cool pic again QKENUFF!
care to reveal your camera tool of choice?

Thanks,

Camera choice is Canon Rebel XTi, Lens is Canon 10-22mm super wide (over 90 deg w/no fish-eye effect. It's my favorite lens these days.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM
LA_Mike
Intermediate

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
She's kind of a camera hog.... Still trying to train her to stop doing that.
lol I must say man, you have some beautiful cars there. Great taste!

Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:54 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Not the best pic but definitely the most recent.....
taken 20 minutes ago...
After spending the afternoon applying 5 coats of Zaino.....
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

man... that zaino shines......
Old 04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

nice job.....
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Jyoder240
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yes, but if your rules for participating in the thread are exclusionary you limit the amount of participation in the thread, which is generally contrary to the intentions of most thread starters who strive for maximum participation. Whether you realize it or not, you have excluded me from this thread by the very rules you have laid down. I don't have a pic of my 997 that I can honestly say is my "ONE best pic" yet - I hope to someday. And so if I were to respect your request and strictly follow your rules I can't participate.

You're only stating the obvious and parroting the 38th post here.

It now seems apparent that it was your intent all along, contrary to your claim above.

You are confusing the role of moderators here. Moderators are not grammar police. They really don't care about sentence structure or if there is something wrong with your syntax or the wording of your posts. So your insult doesn't hold water.

I never said there was "something wrong" with the way you had worded your post. All I ever said was that I had thought you had worded it poorly when it came across that you were stipulating rules for posting pics. But since you have yet to admit that it was a poor choice of words on your part, it now seems you really did mean to put it the way you did. And if so, that would mean I was correct in my observation.

Just keep in mind that a little humility goes a long way whenever you enter a "public forum" for the first time and make special requests of the members there. Most are willing to comply. And those who go out of their way to help you should be thanked. It's only common courtesy.
You win.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

oops swapped out a pic, sorry Porsche_Smile
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

still a great looking job........ gotta love that zaino.....
Old 04-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Have a lot of great photos. This one has always been a favorite...
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

Yes, but if your rules for participating in the thread are exclusionary you limit the amount of participation in the thread, which is generally contrary to the intentions of most thread starters who strive for maximum participation. Whether you realize it or not, you have excluded me from this thread by the very rules you have laid down. I don't have a pic of my 997 that I can honestly say is my "ONE best pic" yet - I hope to someday. And so if I were to respect your request and strictly follow your rules I can't participate.

It now seems apparent that it was your intent all along, contrary to your claim above.

You are confusing the role of moderators here. Moderators are not grammar police. They really don't care about sentence structure or if there is something wrong with your syntax or the wording of your posts. So your insult doesn't hold water.

I never said there was "something wrong" with the way you had worded your post. All I ever said was that I had thought you had worded it poorly when it came across that you were stipulating rules for posting pics. But since you have yet to admit that it was a poor choice of words on your part, it now seems you really did mean to put it the way you did. And if so, that would mean I was correct in my observation.

Just keep in mind that a little humility goes a long way whenever you enter a "public forum" for the first time and make special requests of the members there. Most are willing to comply. And those who go out of their way to help you should be thanked. It's only common courtesy.

OC this is really harsh. Why are you doing this to this poor chap who just wanted to see car pics? Others seem to like the thread so why not let it be? I don' think any one was offended by the post and it doesnt seem to be contrary to the rules of the board. You are a great guy and a leader... don't tarnish your good name with a post like this.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

OC this is really harsh. Why are you doing this to this poor chap who just wanted to see car pics? Others seem to like the thread so why not let it be? I don' think anyone was offended by the post and it doesnt seem to be contrary to the rules of the board. You are a great guy and a leader... don't tarnish your good name with a post like this.

Quick Reply: Post that ONE best pic of your 997!