Sponsored by:

Battery Tender

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Geez, now DerivativesGuy is trying to "Leg Hump" Ben......

Ben...

Hey come on now. Just trying to diffuse a little tension here. That said, OC is clearly the leader of this board and I don't mind sayng it.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Good advice, DG.

I almost bought Marcel a Rennlist Membership once, and he knows that I've tried hard to win him over, but the guy seems to be recalcitrant and incorrigible. Oh well. A man can lead a horse to water.....

....but it takes a very strong vacuum applied to the south end, to make the horse drink from the north end....
Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Geez, now DerivativesGuy is trying to "Leg Hump" Ben......

Ben...

Nahhhh, he's really being sincere. I'm obviously flattered by his compliments, but he's still new here. His perspective may change.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:56 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

but my preference is pipes.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Nahhhh, he's really being sincere. I'm obviously flattered by his compliments, but he's still new here. His perspective may change.

Just yankin his chain a little....
Old 04-15-2007, 02:58 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

I enjoy pipes also. I especially enjoy one at my mountain retreat.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 PM
MMD
Banned

Does this mean Porsche also voids tire issues if non-Porsche air is used???

Give me a break......

Attempting to portray charging or maintaining battery...... as a complex frikkin procedure, that can only be handled by grossly overpriced trickle charger with a P insignia stamped on it!!??

You're refreshingly polite and I don't mind some skepticism. Anyway, I offer the following link to show you the facts of the "complex frikkin procedure" I am trying to inform people about whom reading this thread. Your leader OCBen calls this link one of my many "turd[s] of misinformation."

Again, do what you want, but don't assume the "el cheapo" battery maintainer is an excellent alternative.

LINK:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-13.htm
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-13.htm
Old 04-15-2007, 03:05 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by DerivativesGuy
I enjoy pipes also. I especially enjoy one at my mountain retreat.
This is one of my favorite. My wife got it for me about 4 yrs ago for Christmas. It's a Porsche Design product.

Btw, I smoke Chartwell by Tinderbox. It's been my fave for years.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
DerivativesGuy
Instructor

Very nice OC. Can say I am a pipe afficianado. Picked a few up along with some of the local blends at a cigar store in manhattan.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
Again, do what you want, but don't assume the "el cheapo" battery maintainer is an excellent alternative.
And what makes you think the Sears Diehard battery maintainer is not a well engineered product that far exceeds the minimum requirements of trickle charging? Huh? Why make these turd assumptions of yours when you have no basis for disparaging this product?

What would you say if I showed you that the manufacturer of the Sears Diehard battery maintainer is the same one who makes them that are sold under the Porsche brand name? It's just an OEM product that is sold to various suppliers who then slap their name on it.

You pay more for the same identical product just because it has a different label on it.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
MMD
Banned

And what makes you think the Sears Diehard battery maintainer is not a well engineered product that far exceeds the minimum requirements of trickle charging? Huh? Why make these turd assumptions of yours when you have no basis for disparaging this product?

What would you say if I showed you that the manufacturer of the Sears Diehard battery maintainer is the same one who makes them that are sold under the Porsche brand name? It's an OEM product that is sold to various suppliers who then slap their name on it.

You pay more for the same identical product just because it has a different label on it.

Turds again? Why the **** excessive humor fixation; I thought you were ****-retentive?

Sears, like many old US companies, is keeping afloat by selling/marketing stuff based on it's name recognition. The quality of Sears products has been in steady decline.

Nevertheless:

I'd say "fantastic" if you could prove Sears bargain charger was the same design and supplier as Porsche's; less work for me to do.

Problem is most guys do not have the time to do that research so the smart ones buy the APPROVED chargers just to be safe.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:24 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
...so the smart ones buy the APPROVED chargers just to be safe.
And that was the reason I bought the Sears Diehard battery maintainer. Because it is APPROVED.

....and because I am smart with my money.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by DerivativesGuy
Very nice OC. Can say I am a pipe afficianado. Picked a few up along with some of the local blends at a cigar store in manhattan.
I think that Porsche Design pipe set my wife back about $325. It was manufactured by another company (can't recall the name right now) that makes a couple of the pipes I already own - and I didn't pay anywhere near that for them either.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
MMD
Banned

And that was the reason I bought the Sears Diehard battery maintainer. Because it is APPROVED.

....and because I am smart with my money.
Since many arguments here seem mostly for one-upsmanship and not a mutual desire to be helpful, I have to ask "approved' by whom?

If it's approved by Porsche then you may be onto something.

FYI, where I come from "smart with my money" and fretting about nickle-and-dime stuff is contradiction.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks, Ben for the name. I will probably get one and leave my Battery Tender for my other batteries. My Battery Tender doesn't have a cigarette adapter anyway....hopefully the Sears brand does.

I'll then place a Porsche insignia on the Sears Charger (maybe I'll have my 8 year old draw one on) and then I can pretend it is official Porsche.

Ben, can you please PM me your number? I had it in one of your other PM's but now can't find it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Battery Tender