Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could, would you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Bullet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing that nobody has admitted to having Arctic Silver, which is probably the most or second most common color for Porsche.

I have Arcitc Silver, and I used to love it, but now that I see so many silver (and black) out there, I'm beginning to think its a little bland. It does have obvious advantages for resale and maintenance, but I'm beginning to long for something a little more exciting - I agree with edgy01's comments about the colors for a sportscar. The greys all seem like colors for an S class mercedes rather than a 911 to me.

I think I'd go with Carrera White or Guards Red if I don't go with Silver again.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as much as having a p-car already does, i think loud colors scream insecurity. just imho. perhaps i'm so insecure that i try to avoid all intimations of insecurity. who knows. to each his own.

as a practical matter, i used to have a red bmw coupe way back, and it was a veritable cop magnet. i used to get tickets for a dirty license plate, left turns without turn signal, etc-- bunch of bs that no one else gets hassled for. with a p-car, since one is probably enjoying it beyond legal limits most of the time, i think it's best to avoid attracting unecessary attention in general. if you use a radar detector/laser diffuser, you're mitigating its efficacy with a loud-color car. again, imho.

Quick Reply: If you could, would you?