Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Chicago / IL Rennlist members out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Illinicane
Note to calendar. April 11th. It's snowing.

Yes. I said it's snowing here in the Chicago area

Yes. It is time to use that C4S and see if the four wheel traction was worth it!
I left her in the garage this am, Pirelli 240 SnowSports and all...

Just couldn't deal with the chance of somebody in a large SUV sliding into my motor-end at a stop light.

On the other hand, the C4S with the dedicated snows is _spectacular_ in this kind of weather!

-don

P.S. - View out my office window, NE corner of Thorndale and I-355/IL-53.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
whitesox23
Intermediate

hey guys, im from south suburbs of chicago (143rd & Cicero), anybody else a member at www.euroteknik.com local eurocar community???
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As my signature says, Oak Park. Sounds like I'll see at least one of you at the PCA Autocross School in a couple of weeks.

Blackhawk is indeed fun also. I haven't driven at Autobahn yet, but look forward to it.

Also, I might be interested in a "fun run" sometime if schedules allow. I'm not into rallyes, but it might be fun to have a Chicago RL drive sometime - maybe meet at one of the Downers Grove weekly shows some Friday, or find one of the few twisty roads in the area. Any interest?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Boxsterdoc47
Instructor

Some great posts...planning to sell my boxsters and buying a 997....live in plainfield/naperville area.....getting tired of the snow
Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 AM
teoh2005
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
I'm downtown. I live in the south loop (13th & Michigan) and work in the loop (Monroe & Wacker). I really should sign up for a DE event soon, since I know they will fill up quickly.
I also live in the South Loop...Do you go to the FFC (Fitness Formula Club) on State and Roosevelt?...I think its your car that I see there...I've got an 06 Silver Cayman S...are you going to be doing any tracking this season?...I signed for the novice DE at Blackhawk in May and plan on doing some other track events and auto-x...

-Kevin
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Illinicane
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Boxsterdoc47
Some great posts...planning to sell my boxsters and buying a 997....live in plainfield/naperville area.....getting tired of the snow
Great decision!! Hope you enjoy the 997 as much as you enjoyed your boxster!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by teoh2005
I also live in the South Loop...Do you go to the FFC (Fitness Formula Club) on State and Roosevelt?...I think its your car that I see there...I've got an 06 Silver Cayman S...are you going to be doing any tracking this season?...I signed for the novice DE at Blackhawk in May and plan on doing some other track events and auto-x...

-Kevin
That's me. Actually, I've seen your car on numerous occasions. I have to say that your car is sick. I would love to do a DE, but I also might be trading in the old Carrera for an M3. The Fiancee is moving in and we have 2 cars with 1 parking spot.

I might sign up for a DE and hope that I still have my car in May. If not, I'll have to convince the PCA people that I can use the M3 instead.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
teoh2005
Instructor

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
That's me. Actually, I've seen your car on numerous occasions. I have to say that your car is sick. I would love to do a DE, but I also might be trading in the old Carrera for an M3. The Fiancee is moving in and we have 2 cars with 1 parking spot.

I might sign up for a DE and hope that I still have my car in May. If not, I'll have to convince the PCA people that I can use the M3 instead.
Thats cool...even if you have your M3, you can still do DEs...for the Novice Event at Blackhawk, an M3, WRX, and RSX have also signed up, so it still ok to bring other cars to the events...I'm also doing an event on Sun May 20th at the Autobahn, PM me if you want any details on it...see you around

-Kevin
Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 PM
crg1717
Advanced

slate grey c4s in burr ridge
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

From the "truly" western suburbs (past Naperville--Downers Grove seems close to the lake.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
cgng30
Instructor

so now that we know there is quite a few from the chicago area we should have chicago meet when it warms up a bit. any thoughts
Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

The Barn restaurant on S. Barrington Rd. would be a good spot ad the parking lot is big enough to do a Porsche holding pen. It's also not too far down the road from Motorwerks if anyone wanted to kick the tires on a Porsche.

The alternative might be to drive up to Lake Geneva for something a bit more scenic.

Whatever you do avoid Woodfield Mall as it gets to be like Hot Wheels Race Center for Juniors if you turn up in a Porsche. If I sold zit medication and hair gel out of my car I could make a fortune out there...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
The Barn restaurant on S. Barrington Rd. would be a good spot ad the parking lot is big enough to do a Porsche holding pen. It's also not too far down the road from Motorwerks if anyone wanted to kick the tires on a Porsche.

The alternative might be to drive up to Lake Geneva for something a bit more scenic.

Whatever you do avoid Woodfield Mall as it gets to be like Hot Wheels Race Center for Juniors if you turn up in a Porsche. If I sold zit medication and hair gel out of my car I could make a fortune out there...
Sounds good...it's too built up near me to find a decent-sized lot for a meet.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
jimand7
Instructor

winnetka
Old 04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
dirtdoc
Advanced

New to the West Loop.... are there any curvey roads out here?

Quick Reply: Any Chicago / IL Rennlist members out there?