Sponsored by:

CEL re: passenger side air bag

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Weasel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL re: passenger side air bag

I got this a few days ago when I gently wedged a folded bath towel between the back of the front passenger seat and the rear foot well in an attempt to keep it from blowing away during my ocassional topdown sprints. I can't remember the message displayed exactly, but the gist of it is "passenger side air bag fault, adjust passenger seat settings". I've adjusted the passenger seat every which way but loose, and still I have the CEL. I've restarted the car several times since (over 40-50 miles driven) and it won't reset. Nothing on or underneath the seat either. The "Passenger Air Bag Off" light on the center console is on all the time now -- until I sit there anyways, then it goes off. I would hate to have to drop my car off at the dealer for something like this.

Anybody have any ideas? It's the first and only real problem I've had with the car since I purchased her new from the dealer 8000 miles and 11 months ago. Wow! Time flies . . . honestly, it seems like it was just yesterday!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
malammik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well! Perhaps just for once the CEL is right and ur passenger side air bag is good no more and the whole towel involvement is just a coincidence. Nah, that could not happen, could it? Maybe it did. I would take it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: CEL re: passenger side air bag