Sponsored by:

Gateway Denison Ipod Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts
Default Gateway Denison Ipod Install

Okay here's pics of my install that I took today. I drove it to work and so far so good. No problems. Works fine except that it likes to reset itself to Ipod all which is changer disc 5 slot after I turn the car off when I get back in but otherwise no major problems and the sound is good. I have the Bose Sound system in my 997. My installer also put the video RCA jacks in the car and connected the USB plug too for "future" use. Anybody got video to work yet on theirs?

Its so nice to have your tunes at your fingertips though...I may have to get the new 80gig iPod if somebody figures out how to add video thru the PCM display.

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
CoGT3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Where did they install the control unit? And do you have any idea how they got the iPod cable up the central console?

Thanks ahead of time
Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Yes the control unit is where the changer would be up front and right next to the Nav unit that holds the DVD for the Nav discs. My installer told me a secret tip on working with 911's he's found is to remove the battery totally. That way you don't have to drill holes to run wire/cable thru the firewall forward. He says there is a fairly large empty rubber grommett/fitting which you can run almost any cable that you need to into the interior right behind the battery area. That was the easy part; running the ipod cable forward to the central console takes some work but he says its mostly knowing what to disassemble and how to re-assemble it back and where to run the cable so it won't get kinked or caught on anything important or mechanical.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Gateway Denison Ipod Install