Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Recommend Mobile Car Wash in Orange County?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:33 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Darn! I need to learn from you. It still takes me almost two hours, and that's down from three hours a year ago. I wonder if I'm the slowest. Maybe I should start a poll on this.
No worries, you're not alone...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 748 Likes on 391 Posts

Hey guys...thought I chime in quick. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't permit me to do washs as I'm by myself right now. Clients are already waiting almost 2 weeks for a full detail. But this challenge has made me think of a great new routine for the DIY detailer.If you have a few products and a CR Spotless system, you can wash your own car and spend as little time or as much time as you want. What I'd recommend for a simple wash is to wash the car, about 20 min. and do a final rinse with the CR Spotless; and guess what, you're done. In about 30 minutes you cleaned the finish, the windows, trim, etc. and you pull the car in the garage and walk away. Usually in about a few hours the car is dry and spot free because of using de-ionized water. If you have more time, make sure to clean the wheels during the washing proces, about 15 min. and then apply tire conditioner to tires, 2 min. and wipe the finish down with a carnauba spray wax, 15 minutes. I hope this helps and inspires you guys to do your own cars. Great detailers that care for your cars as much as you do are very rare. No one is going to care for your p-car better than you. PM me for more info on this wash routine.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Yeah I'm on the 2 hour program too.

About 45 minutes to wash the car and wheels.

About 45 minutes to dry the car round 1.

-Move the car-

Spend final 20-30 minutes drying the rest of the water that came out when I rolled the car.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I washed my cabriolet last evening and it took me 3 hours start to finish. That included taking off all the wheels and washing them (and their rears) and washing the wheel wells.

I didn't bother waxing it in that time.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Takes me at least an hour and a half for the exterior, and that includes detailing the wheels.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Ben/Wolf et al. With the ONR I do the wheels first, then dry them and dress the tires. Next is the roof, hood, rear lid, sides and lower panels. This can be done in 30 mins. I know many are hesitant to try something that doesn't have a lot of suds and that you don't rinse off, but this is really a nice product.

For those spending 2-3 hours, you might want to give this a try sometime.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

surprised that it takes some of you so long to dry the car. with multiple micro-fiber drying towels from autopia.org i can dry the car in 20min max including door sills....seperate micro-fiber to dry the wheels and hard to reach.....then again, i move at a brisk pace so to get a very light workout in the process.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by oalvarez
surprised that it takes some of you so long to dry the car. with multiple micro-fiber drying towels from autopia.org i can dry the car in 20min max including door sills....seperate micro-fiber to dry the wheels and hard to reach.....then again, i move at a brisk pace so to get a very light workout in the process.
Did you get the blue Sonus drying m-f towels?

Those are really excellent!

I use a synthetic chamois first on a section, then use that Sonus towel for wicking up any remaining water droplets and buffing the existing wax to a high gloss.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:04 PM
oc997
Racer

Chamois will def create mirco clear scrtaches on the paint. Only use microfiber or 100% pure cotton towels.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

It took me 20 - 30 mins to wash the wheels, 20 mins the rest of the car. Then I drive the car up and down the drive way a couple of times. Rinse the wheels again and 20 mins to dry the whole car, another 30mins for the interior/ Glass.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Blow dry it - I bought a $50 electric leaf blower at Home D; cut down the nozzle a.) to lower airstream velocity - the nozzle tapered down in size, and b.) to make it easier to control.

Then, I cut a 3M high efficiency furnace filter to fit over the air intake. It reduces flow upwards of 50% - but who cares? The thing can still move a lot of air...

Rule #1 - wet the floor COMPLETELY around the car before using the blower - you don't want to be picking up anything that can be bounced off your paint by a 100+mph air jet!

Works like a charm... actually picked up the idea from someone here and decided on the intake filter mod just to add a second layer of protection against debris pick-up.

Especially good around those damned rear tail-lights!

-don
Old 04-06-2007, 05:51 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
Blow dry it - I bought a $50 electric leaf blower at Home D; cut down the nozzle a.) to lower airstream velocity - the nozzle tapered down in size, and b.) to make it easier to control.

Then, I cut a 3M high efficiency furnace filter to fit over the air intake. It reduces flow upwards of 50% - but who cares? The thing can still move a lot of air...

Rule #1 - wet the floor COMPLETELY around the car before using the blower - you don't want to be picking up anything that can be bounced off your paint by a 100+mph air jet!

Works like a charm... actually picked up the idea from someone here and decided on the intake filter mod just to add a second layer of protection against debris pick-up.

Especially good around those damned rear tail-lights!

-don
Good deal, Don.

Don't know if you picked up the screen recommendation from me, but I know I have recommended it to anyone who plans to use a blower to get a protective screen for the intake to prevent small pieces of debris (such as a button hanging by a thread that gets sucked in) from getting ingested and ejected at over 100 mph and impacting and thus obviously damaging your paint.

I plan to make one of those one of these days. Thanks for disclosing your invention.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i typically let them do a regualr wash on my car and i end up waxing it afterwards......i go to the one on beach and garfield..... not bad.......seem to do a good job.... and they only do handwashes on our cars.... around $20

Quick Reply: Need Recommend Mobile Car Wash in Orange County?