Sponsored by:

my baby's born!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile my baby's born!!!

Just got a message from my dealer that my C2 has been put together and the next step is to be loaded onto a train and then the boat!

Anybody know the route from Germany to California? Do they ship it to the east coast then train/truck it across the country? Or Panama Canal boat route?

Damn, I'm starting to get excited again! Looks like I should be getting it in ~5 weeks.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Pretty sure for CA cars POE is San Diego
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry. It goes to San Diego via the Canal. This is the worst part of the wait...GR
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

During rare times of the year they have been known to send them to the east coast and then truck them across. It's usually during the transition between model years. Something to do with the fact that they can take sales credit on the date that the car hits the USA. Clearly, porting it into the east coast satisfies that.

Get with your salesman to find out the name of your ship.

There are a variety of tools online for tracking vessels. Assuming an interest in west coast traffic, you can start with the bookings for the Panama Canal,--

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

Also, you can check daily for updates to the San Diego harbor website,--

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Finally, you can track vessels at sea if they are providing position reports that wind up online,--

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01

Finally, you can track vessels at sea if they are providing position reports that wind up online,--

Congrats! And yah there are a lot of useful tracking tools on the net. I had my baby on radar from the day it left Stuttgart lol
What part of California you in?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edgy01
During rare times of the year they have been known to send them to the east coast and then truck them across. It's usually during the transition between model years. Something to do with the fact that they can take sales credit on the date that the car hits the USA. Clearly, porting it into the east coast satisfies that.

Get with your salesman to find out the name of your ship.

There are a variety of tools online for tracking vessels. Assuming an interest in west coast traffic, you can start with the bookings for the Panama Canal,--

http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

Dan, thanks for the links! I'll definitely find out what ship it's on and track...that will be very fun!

Kurt, thanks. I live in San Jose (Almaden Valley)...so that puts me probably about 15-20 minutes from Los Gatos! We should race sometime ...though you'll win because mine will be a base C2, but it's a heck of an upgrade from my current '96 Integra (142HP)!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9974G
Dan, thanks for the links! I'll definitely find out what ship it's on and track...that will be very fun!

Kurt, thanks. I live in San Jose (Almaden Valley)...so that puts me probably about 15-20 minutes from Los Gatos! We should race sometime ...though you'll win because mine will be a base C2, but it's a heck of an upgrade from my current '96 Integra (142HP)!
Hehe well you never know.

Well now that the weather is getter warmer more of us are showing up at Santana Row Saturday mornings. Theres a big group that post on 6speedonline who organized the meet.... It started off as a Ferrari meet but I guess not enough showed up, now we get everything: Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus, etc... saw an Enzo once and two CGT's. You might want to check it out!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Hehe well you never know.

Well now that the weather is getter warmer more of us are showing up at Santana Row Saturday mornings. Theres a big group that post on 6speedonline who organized the meet.... It started off as a Ferrari meet but I guess not enough showed up, now we get everything: Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus, etc... saw an Enzo once and two CGT's. You might want to check it out!
That's what I like about Rennlist so much (and will become a member once I get my car)...you get this info that you would probably never know otherwise. I've seen some very nice cars at Santana Row...never an Enzo, though! I will definitely be looking into it once I'm qualified to show up on Saturday mornings (i.e. car finally delivered). Thanks for the note.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

My car has been delayed waiting for 'transport' from Baltimore to Cleveland.

From what little research I've done regarding vessel shipping from Germany via the North Sea to San Diego via the Panama Canal ... the trip takes like 28 to 30 days of all goes well.

That's what I was told.

Hope your car arrives soon and you enjoy the hell outa it, m'friend. Perfect place for a P-car.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Well that's great news!!!

Once in port, they go through it again, print the window sticker, then move it to the area for truck pick-up. Call your dealer to see if they can expidite it as they did my car.

Did you know your car is "hobbled" when it leaves Germany? Porsche sets the ECU so it can only go up to 20Mph and no more than 2K RPM. Once at the dealer, they remove the software hobble so it's normal when they begin prep. It's a new safety measure Porsche has for their vehicles.

This part of the wait is the worst, as you'll find out it's in port wating for the truck and all you want to do is get there and drive it home!

Soon, very soon.... it will be in your hands!!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Bagger and Deanski, thanks for the wishes!

Bagger, good luck with getting your car soon, hope you enjoy the heck out of your car for a long time too!

Quick Reply: my baby's born!!!