Fabspeed Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cleanme
Yeah, electrical tape

I have Fabspeed but I'm having problems with the cats....I'll phone today. Other than that very happy!

What problem are you having with the cats??

Dave
Old 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Tron999
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they let you watch the install? I love that, I like to pick the mechanic's brains & learn about the car.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

After reading numerous reports from various members, I paid a slight premium, but irregardless, just pulled the trigger on a complete AWE system....

I suspect Fabspeed and AWE are comparable in build quality and service. Sound is really to subjective to comment....

AWE Mike is a tough as nails negotiator, but patient and fair,.... I respect him for that!!

Jay @ Fabspeed just puts folks on ignore.... even though I was a previous Fabspeed customer!!

Will wait and read what cleanme reports on his cat issue and resolution.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You won't be disappointed with AWE. I was on the hill overlooking the Downhill and Main Straight at Lime Rock watching my son in his 1st DE last Saturday. I could not believe the wonderful music coming from the car at WOT, and then to my surprise I heard a fantastic "bark" of a rev-match downshift going into Big Bend (he just turned 18 mind you - must have been listening when I coached him on rev-matching). From inside the car it sounds great, but it's even better to the observer when the car is under load.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:17 AM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1Gunner

Will wait and read what cleanme reports on his cat issue and resolution.

Congrats on buying and sorry for not shipping the EVO Intake out yet-things have been going crazy here!

The car has been getting low idle, surging problems and we (the tech and I) think it's because the cats are not getting hot enough as quickly as they should be and the sensor starts to report discrepancies because the engine is warm, why not the cats?

So a couple weeks ago I took it in to tell them about this and they replaced the sensor just to see if that helps, but another one of their guesses was that many Fabspeed customers wouldn't have this problem as they live in warmer climates not driving in -15ºC weather. Soooo I'll see what happens when it warms up!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
RedRocket
Instructor

any drone or resonance issues anywhere in the RPM range? I have had several aftermarket exhausts by reputable companies on a couple of my vehicles. Only one was without drone in the 2k-3.5K zone. There was some increase in volume of the exhaust, but not that ear tingling annoying kind. Dont get me wrong...I love a nice loud exhaust note. I have a dual arrow racing exhaust on my ducati that is almost deafening at times. But I dont have to talk to anyone or try to listen to the radio when I am on that.

Thats whats keeping me stock for the moment.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Hey Brad, hope you get things sorted out on the engine issues. So far, what has been Fabspeeds response to your situation? I would hope they would be as anxious as you in finding a resolution.... and helping out a new customer!!

No problem on the EVO Intake, I think you have all the info you need from me, but regarding some bits and pieces of info I need from you.....you have a PM

Originally Posted by cleanme
Congrats on buying and sorry for not shipping the EVO Intake out yet-things have been going crazy here!

The car has been getting low idle, surging problems and we (the tech and I) think it's because the cats are not getting hot enough as quickly as they should be and the sensor starts to report discrepancies because the engine is warm, why not the cats?

So a couple weeks ago I took it in to tell them about this and they replaced the sensor just to see if that helps, but another one of their guesses was that many Fabspeed customers wouldn't have this problem as they live in warmer climates not driving in -15ºC weather. Soooo I'll see what happens when it warms up!

RedRocket, if you find yourself preferring radio sounds to the engine sounds your 997 makes, then stock is the place to be

Originally Posted by RedRocket
I have a dual arrow racing exhaust on my ducati that is almost deafening at times. But I dont have to talk to anyone or try to listen to the radio when I am on that.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocket
any drone or resonance issues anywhere in the RPM range? I have had several aftermarket exhausts by reputable companies on a couple of my vehicles. Only one was without drone in the 2k-3.5K zone. There was some increase in volume of the exhaust, but not that ear tingling annoying kind. Dont get me wrong...I love a nice loud exhaust note. I have a dual arrow racing exhaust on my ducati that is almost deafening at times. But I dont have to talk to anyone or try to listen to the radio when I am on that.

If you are asking about the AWE, there's no drone anywhere. Deep tone at start up, civil if you are careful with the revs / load on the engine (ie: Want to get through your neighborhood without people pointing, no problem). There's even a sub-sonic burble when you are in gear and quickly ease off the throttle - really cool because you both hear it and feel it.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
N2XSSPD
Rennlist Member

Ditto for CarGraphics entire exhaust system including headers, CATS, mufflers, to above AWEs system sound above--no droning, car quiet inside when cruising but sounding great with WOT--one guy says sounds like a Ferrari?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Experience