Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my enhanced rear! (Carbon Fiber Diffuser, Borla Exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:59 PM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pics of my enhanced rear! (Carbon Fiber Diffuser, Borla Exhaust)

I finally got my car back from Borla as they were doing some R&D on my car and got to install the beautiful carbon fiber diffuser that was sitting in my living room as well as my Evo V-flow intake. The diffuser I got from tCarbon fits perfectly and looks awesome. The Borla exhaust is amazingly loud and throaty and I couldn't be more happy with it. The V-flow looks cool, but I can barely hear it over my exhaust and I really couldn't feel any gains, but I can't complain at the price I got it from ByronMaui. I'll have to take better pics during the day but I think these should do!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
raffi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awesome aaron, how did you install the diffuser with tape or glue.
I have still not installed my diffuser, tried it with tape one time and didnt like the slight gap, I think I will go with glue in a few days.
Just wondering what method you used.
It was nice meeting your brother the other day.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 PM
997driver
Racer

Hey Raffi, I'm having the same problem as you right now. The diffuser uses existing hardware on the rear bumper, so its screwed on from the bottom, but there are slight gaps on the sides that have to either be taped or glued on. I'm gona try using the tape on more time, and use masking tape to keep the diffuser down on the car overnight and see if it stays, if not I might have to use glue.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
BRUCE
Instructor

What kind of glue would you use? I have a similar problem and was wondering what would work.
Monkey Glue?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
997driver
Racer

Some sort of silicone would work, but I wouldn't put Gorilla Glue on my paint. I have this silicone glue that came with my cargraphic lip, ill let you know what its called later.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

How's the Borla mufflers? I am glad Borla got into the Porsche game. I had Bola on a few Corvettes and they were the best. I currently have Fabspeed mufflers and would love to hear the new Borla's.
Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely try to get a sound clip of the Borlas on the forum. How does it compare to the sound of the PSE, which many of us consider the gold standard for 997 exhaust notes?
Old 03-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997driver
I finally got my car back from Borla as they were doing some R&D on my car and got to install the beautiful carbon fiber diffuser that was sitting in my living room as well as my Evo V-flow intake. The diffuser I got from tCarbon fits perfectly and looks awesome. The Borla exhaust is amazingly loud and throaty and I couldn't be more happy with it. The V-flow looks cool, but I can barely hear it over my exhaust and I really couldn't feel any gains, but I can't complain at the price I got it from ByronMaui. I'll have to take better pics during the day but I think these should do!

Beautiful...I can't wait to hear it. Anyword when it will be released to the public (Borla)?? Those are the same tips they used for the M3...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 AM
jnsv
Intermediate

Default borla tips

What happened to the honeycomb tips?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 AM
997driver
Racer

I will try to get as much sound clips and video clips as possible for you guys. I don't know when the release date is so i'll let David Borla tell you guys that when he's ready. I haven't heard the PSE in person, but I know the sound this exhaust puts out is unique. I personally think it is the deepest, throatiest (i dunno if thats a word,prolly not) exhaust for this car. It sounds similar to the 996c4s but amplified. jnsv, don't be mad, the honeycomb tips will still be an option for this exhaust, I just wanted something more simple.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997driver
I will try to get as much sound clips and video clips as possible for you guys. I don't know when the release date is so i'll let David Borla tell you guys that when he's ready. I haven't heard the PSE in person, but I know the sound this exhaust puts out is unique. I personally think it is the deepest, throatiest (i dunno if thats a word,prolly not) exhaust for this car. It sounds similar to the 996c4s but amplified. jnsv, don't be mad, the honeycomb tips will still be an option for this exhaust, I just wanted something more simple.
I really love the way Borlas sound, well at least on the M3..they have a nice "bark" to them.

Thanks for the FYI..

Dave

Quick Reply: Pics of my enhanced rear! (Carbon Fiber Diffuser, Borla Exhaust)