Sponsored by:

Front License Plate Question on European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:01 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Question on European Delivery

If I opt to get my 997 on the Europen delivery plan, does Porsche in fact install a license plate on the front for use during my stay there in Germany?

We do not use front plates here in AZ and I'd not be overly happy having unneeded holes left in the front bumper due to that European requirement if it exists.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes, the bumper will be drilled with a bracket and European front plate installed...you have no choice.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I did Euro delivery on my Cayenne S they zip-tied the plate to the front grill so no holes were drilled. You can see the difference in the photo compared to the standard Euro plate on the C-S to the right. Of course it could be harder to do this properly on a 997.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 AM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, holes. That is what I got from Euro delivery. There is a company that makes bumperplugs. just add .com to it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

If you arrive with a special fixture in mind you can intercept them from putting holes in there. But, the Europeans are strict about having a plate in the front so you need to make sure your design will pass muster with them. I would suggest that you spend a little time at the dealership in the states first to come up with a solution, and present it to them in customer care as you arrive. Get there early and discuss this with them up front. As an American, they will be providing the temp. tag for you, whereas Europeans, when they arrive, usually have their plates in hand when they walk in the door. When they hand their plates to Porsche it is assumed that they will follow the usual convention for European plate display. If you have no tiptronic or X51 car there is another method you can try that puts the plate in front of the center radiator cutout that I have been working on. But it is not a simple solution yet.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2016, 01:23 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Skene, puts it in the right place. Very clean, then forget it. No tickets or stops. Ever have a glass of wine with dinner? You don't want a reason for a stop!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:19 PM
secondshot
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Skene and it works/looks fantastic! I spent a lot of time researching the various options.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Question on European Delivery