997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Checking Car at Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

You will love the sand beige/white paint.i waited 6 months for mine.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I highly recommend DeMoise Trucking (www.demoise.com). They brought my 356 from Florida to L.A. last summer, they delivered a 993 from Boston to L.A. this morning for my buddy, and I know at least 4-5 other cases where they have given superb service.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait a sec, thought you were flying down to see it if other guys here said it was good. Now you are talking about buying over the phone?
Go see it, inspect it for yourself, drive around the block, get a PDE, service history... negotiate face to face. You are spending some cash here, I would make a bit more of an effort.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:53 PM
ozcav
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on going to see it first. But, I still have to line up some form of deal to make sure I can purchase it if I am happy with it after getting an inspection and seeing it.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 905 Likes on 342 Posts

I agree with the seeing it in person, but the negotiating once you get there part, I would say not such a good idea. You show up at a dealership after flying across the country. You get in the car, drive it and have "that look" that we all get after driving one. Dealer takes one look at you and thinks to himself: a) this guy just flew out here and is not going to leave here without buying; b) I can charge him pretty much whatever I want.

I always negotiate cars over the phone and not in "the box". No last minute extra $ additions; no bs. Get it in writing BEFORE you show up and you can be much more objective. It has always worked well for me.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I agree with the seeing it in person, but the negotiating once you get there part, I would say not such a good idea. You show up at a dealership after flying across the country. You get in the car, drive it and have "that look" that we all get after driving one. Dealer takes one look at you and thinks to himself: a) this guy just flew out here and is not going to leave here without buying; b) I can charge him pretty much whatever I want.

I always negotiate cars over the phone and not in "the box". No last minute extra $ additions; no bs. Get it in writing BEFORE you show up and you can be much more objective. It has always worked well for me.
I agree 100% with ChrisF and keep in mind you are not just dealing with a snobby but also a very shady dealership!!!

Quick Reply: Help Checking Car at Rusnak Porsche