Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Help Checking Car at Rusnak Porsche (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/329964-help-checking-car-at-rusnak-porsche.html)

ozcav 02-09-2007 10:47 PM

Help Checking Car at Rusnak Porsche

Is there anyone near Rusnak Porsche in Pasadena that could check out a used 2006 C2S for me? It is the Carrara White/ Sand Beige one. Before I commit to the purchase I would like to get an unbiased opinion on the condition of the paint, interior, tires, rims, etc.

The opinions on here about Rusnak seem to be generally positive with some service issues. If anyone has any other input about this dealer, it would be appreciated.

996toomey 02-09-2007 11:47 PM

I could do it for you but not until next week. PM me if still needed next week and I will go by.

StevieG. 02-10-2007 12:06 AM

I’m a 20 minute drive from Rusnak and could do it for you this weekend. It’s supposed to rain in the Los Angeles area this weekend and I would prefer to inspect the body when it’s dry. PM me with the particulars and I’ll take a look for you.

Steve

bbmertz 02-10-2007 12:12 AM

Several others have recommended Thomas Foulk from this dealership. I spoke with him last year for advice regarding a new car purchase. He was very helpful and easy to work with.

boolala 02-10-2007 12:14 AM

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but check out this thread in OT before you do a PPI for anyone:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/320825-how-sticky-can-this-get.html#post3717345

ozcav 02-10-2007 12:50 AM

Thanks for all of the offers for assistance. Steve, I can't PM. Probably because I still need to figure out how to contribute to the site. Can you send me an email at lloydd1. It is a gmail address. (Evidently putting the email address in properly is also prohibited.)

I can't access the thread regarding PPIs so I can't comment on it. But, I am not looking for that level of assistance. I just wanted someone to eyeball the car and see if it looks clean enough to justify getting a PPI and/ or flying out to LA to inspect it myself.

oalvarez 02-10-2007 12:52 AM

Thomas or Kirk if Kirk is still there. I could do it in 5 minutes or less. Funny thing is that it's a car that i contemplated before buying mine from them

let me know

wilfred 02-10-2007 02:37 AM

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Rusnak, both sales & service. I suggest you look elsewhere, there are plenty of cars in the market.

MyEmily 02-10-2007 03:22 AM

experience is luke warm for me too...Wear a T-shirt and jean in there and guaranteed no sales support. Only junior level approach. Good luck w/ them, no negotiation at all.... :( Never know what you will get...

oalvarez 02-10-2007 10:10 AM

not to battle but i wore flip-flops, shorts, and a t-shirt and received all the attention in the world. the cars that they had on display (used) were outright beautiful. i was able to negotiate on my used 06 997 C2 but maybe due to it being the end of the year (last day). Thomas Foulk and Kirk Gilday are great at what they do and absolutely know their Porsche cars. Are they busy on the weekends? You bet. Manfred at Beverly Hills Porsche is another good resource.

regards

jrgordonsenior 02-10-2007 12:30 PM

I looked at that car before Christmas when I first started shopping for a C2S. I was on their lot for about 45 minutes both inside and outside the showrooom without one Rusnak employee even bothering to say hi. I would have seriusly considered that car had someone shown an interest in me. It was very pretty and I love that color combination. IIRC, it was moderatley optioned but without sports chrono and about 10k miles.

I believe Rusnak's asking price was in the high 70's. So it has my seal of approval though thanks to OC Ben, I'd like to point out that I'm a general contractor, not a Porsche tech though I did sleep in a Holiday Inn sometime within the past year or two.

Contact them if you're interested. The car was quite stunning....

MJones 02-10-2007 06:18 PM

Saw it today and it is pretty clean inside and out...Needs to have the stone-guard replaced in front of the rear wheels...it's yellowed

:bigbye:

jrgordonsenior 02-10-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MJones
Saw it today and it is pretty clean inside and out...Needs to have the stone-guard replaced in front of the rear wheels...it's yellowed
:bigbye:

Too bad you weren't there earlier, I'd have stolen your rims and tires....

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/330108-spike-strips-how-no-good-deed-goes.html

ozcav 02-10-2007 11:14 PM

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I think the options are non-existant but it is the color combo I want and it is a bit hard to find. I will be contacting Rusnak on Monday to try to get the sale closed.

Any recommendations for a transport company?