Sponsored by:

White Cab.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:15 PM
joe 997
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default White Cab.

I am about to trade my 02 Lapis C4S. coupe for a March prod C4S Cab. I really am thinking white with a full leather tan interior. But I see so few white Porsches any more I am wondering if this is a mistake. Midnight blue with tan is my second choice. I like Cobalt but my sales guy (who we have bought a number of Porsches from so I think he gives me good advice) thinks the tan interior wouldn't look good and I should go with grey for Cobalt I don't like the grey interior.Questions:Would the Turbo wheels look good with white? Do you guys think the wheel spacers are worth the money?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The 5mm spacers are a waste of money. Can you even SEE 5mm on a car?

If you have the ability to design this car from scratch try something unique,--different. Is there some unwritten rule that dictates that blue cars have to have a grey interior? It seems that everyone goes that direction. Personally, I think the tan is too light. Hard to keep clean.

White is a great color for a Porsche. Always has been. I don't see that many 997s in white. But then what would you use inside? Generally, the direction is something opposite the exterior (lighter vice darker). Cobalt is a stunning color, but match it up with something different. With it being a cabriolet, you don't want to be sitting on black leather seats in Iowa in August, right? You're at the right place,--Rennlist. I spent months here getting ideas on how to ultimately build mine. Just try to avoid buying something that you might as well buy off the rack (i.e., silver exterior, wth black interior...) Live!

Addendum. I ran across this image that reinforces something I believe. Look to the past for the best surviving car color combinations. The classics are a good departure point.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Edgy01; 01-25-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:09 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with Dan (Edgy01) in that White looks GREAT on a 997! I have always liked Midnight Blue cars, of any make. I searched for a Midnight Blue 996 for 4 months but found a nicely optioned Lapis Blue, which I bought.

While I really do like the Midnight/Sand Beige combination, I have really come to appreciate the Carrara White, and I believe it is very "classy" looking. If I were going to order a 997 today it would be Carrara White with Sea Blue interior. While I prefer a Coupe, if mine was going to be a Cab, then I would get the Metropol Blue top. Someone here (can't remember who) recently (past 4 months) got a White Cab with Sea Blue interior and Metropol Blue top. He posted a couple of pics of it and it is REALLY sharp looking!

My "close second" choice would be Carmona Red with Natural Tan Leather (like Dan's interior, shown in his in his avatar, above). My third choice (really out on the limb) would be Forrest Green with Natural Tan Leather. While I have seen Carmona Red in person, I have not seen a Forrest Green car in person. Both of those colors, IMO, would be very, very "rich looking" colors. While most here would scoff at the Forrest Green I think it would be a "killer" color.

Like Dan said earlier.... "Live!" The black/silver/gray colors are very "safe" colors, which is why dealers order so many of them. Something a little "different" would be a good change of pace, IMO.

Good luck with your selection!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

i own a 06 paint to sample ivory cab s with sand beige interior.i tried to duplicate my 62 cab s 356.instead of buying the x51 package i spent all my money on wood and leather.i purchased evry leather and makkasar option porsche had available in oct.05.it took 6 months to build and deliver.i ordered the cocoa top.go with white.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by POINTS
i own a 06 paint to sample ivory cab s with sand beige interior.i tried to duplicate my 62 cab s 356.instead of buying the x51 package i spent all my money on wood and leather.i purchased evry leather and makkasar option porsche had available in oct.05.it took 6 months to build and deliver.i ordered the cocoa top.go with white.

Please share some pictures with us sometime.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 236 Posts

We have an '88 3.2 Cab in White with Sea Blue interior and it still looks awesome some 20 years after coming out of the factory. We are looking at an 07 Cayman with white exterior and stone grey interior. I have seen several white 997s in coupe and cab with cocoa brown interior and that combo is hard to beat if you don't mind spending the extra $$ for the cocoa leather. The white exterior really hides dirt and looks great. Happy shopping!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Rick's 993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A white CAB is stunning and classic. I was torn between White and Colbalt with the Natural Brown as I have had white before I ordered the Colbalt. My Colbalt Blue Cab with Soft Look Natural Brown leather is at the dealer in Seattle with losts of leather options---- I'm in Eastern Washington and can't get over to pick it up or even see it if for almost another 2 - weeks -- anyway Salesperson said that the combination is great ( he wasn't so sure when I placed the order :-) , but what else is he going to say now. Maybe Atomic 80 ( 977 tt forum) can take some pictures for us?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 342 Posts

go for the white cab - I would do seablue or cocoa
Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

I'm partial to cabs with natural brown... :-)
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

When I was buying my c2s cab I wanted white and saw a white with tan and really liked it. However to get a Porsche and keep peace in the house the wifey won out with a triple black car.

Like Edgy01 said forget about the spacers, you can not tell 5mm from stock. If you go with the wheels that Edgy01 and I have you get the wider 305 size rears and then you do not need spacers in my eyes.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK - but what about going back 50+ years to a color based on the older Porsches..
Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

I worked at the Porsche Dealer in Seattle and I have to say my favorite color combo I ever saw was midnight blue with Natural leather interior and metropol blue top. Having Said that I think that Cobalt would look good with the Natural Leather interior and Metropol blue top. Or another thought. Cobalt Blue with Sea Blue Interior and Metropol Blue top.

Rick who was your sales guy?

Good Luck man, and show us pics

Brandon J
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Personally I think white looks fantastic on the 997 and if I were to do it I would go with sea blue interior, but tan would work too depending on your tastes.

Midnight blue is very nice (looked at one at the dealer yesterday). Cobalt is beautiful BUT not sure I wouldn't tire of it. Edgy's Turquoise is stunning!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen a Cobalt Turbo here in Greece with sand sport seats and it looks gorgeous. I love cobalt, its such a magical color when you see it in daylight and night time its totally different.
However I too think the cararra white is quite stunning. And for a cab I would seriously consider it. But on one condition. No black interior, no black top. It has to be more special than that. So the sea blue interior and the metropole blue top gets my vote on a white cab... Enjoy. Post pics. The hunt is as good as the kill so take your time.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

White Porsche Cabs are stunning and always turn my head...I've had 3 of them 91', 96'(stolen), and this one a 98'....

Quick Reply: White Cab.