Sponsored by:

Directions for Denison Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
jw1977
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Directions for Denison Install

Where can I find directions for the installation of the Denison Gateway 500 install? Is everyone planning on installing these themselves or are they taking them somewhere else for install?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jw1977
Where can I find directions for the installation of the Denison Gateway 500 install? Is everyone planning on installing these themselves or are they taking them somewhere else for install?

Thanks
http://www.dension.com/download_icelink.htm
Many threads on self install, just search!!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question: Could installing this somehow void the warranty? I am paranoid about that. Thx.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
mishref
Advanced

I plan on doing it myself .. it doesn't seem to complicated. I would suggest you get ahold of the TSB for CD Changer install; that might explain things a bit further.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Question: Could installing this somehow void the warranty? I am paranoid about that. Thx.
Adding any non Porsche electronics to the vehicle can void the warranty.

Of course Porsche need to prove that the added item caused an issue, but be prepared for a fight should you be in that unfortunate situation.

I've seen Porsche refuse to replace a burned out wiring loom on a basically new car, because the owner had a cell phone kit installed - which required non-Porsche approved connections to the wiring system in the car.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
jollyjolly
Advanced

Originally Posted by mishref
I plan on doing it myself .. it doesn't seem to complicated. I would suggest you get ahold of the TSB for CD Changer install; that might explain things a bit further.
I've a 997 w/ Bose, with Nav, but no cd changer. I hooked up the Denison, using the fiber optic link that goes to the Nav.

When I do this, the Nav system is not recognized.

Do I need the dealer to program the "radio" to recognize the additional (Denison MOST 500) device?

Last edited by jollyjolly; 01-20-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Adding any non Porsche electronics to the vehicle can void the warranty.

Of course Porsche need to prove that the added item caused an issue, but be prepared for a fight should you be in that unfortunate situation.
Actually just by adding the system you DO void the stereo system warranty. But I have done plenty of these installs and have serviced systems that had aftermarket installs, I have never given any issues about it, now the first system i see that uses scotch locks, you better believe ill bounce that one so quick...

Mark
Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jollyjolly
I've a 997 w/ Bose, with Nav, but no cd changer. I hooked up the Denison, using the fiber optic link that goes to the Nav.

When I do this, the Nav system is not recognized.

Do I need the dealer to program the "radio" to recognize the additional (Denison MOST 500) device?
Yes, I have seen that these systems are designed to be plug and play, but i would say one in every 2 systems i install i need to change settings for the radio, gateway etc.

Mark

Quick Reply: Directions for Denison Install