Monster Eye Candy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
i can smell the herpes from here
The one on the right is my wife of nearly a decade, I'll be sure to let her know.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by edwardschmedward
I wish you good luck, but...being a loyal, grateful, honored, FarnbacherLoles customer... I'm happy with the GTR. (and my REVO tuned X-51 '05 997S transplant patient) (And my REVO tuned RS4)
umm......ok? I certainly wasn't knocking Farnbacher and I also don't understand why you're wishing us "luck" (Mind has 20 years of Porsche motorsports experience), but thanks either way for your response and enjoy your cars, they sound like nice rides. We too deal with REVO and recommend their upgrades to our customers as well so I have no doubt their upgrades are working well for you. And I'd be shocked if you weren't happy with your GTR I'm sure it's a monster also. Do you have any photos to post?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wishing you "luck" because I think the X-51 Cayman is a tough sell, it's not the kind of car that flies out of the shop. I had a deposit on one, then stuck with my 997 instead. The Cayman is too small a car for me. Usually, great ideas never happen in just one place at a time, so... I can imagine that two different people 'thought' up the X-51, aerokit nosed, Cayman... If not... if one is following the other...imitation is a form of flattery. I would also think that your X-51 Cayman is not your 'bread and butter' of the business, and more an attention getting machine...as it is for FarnbacherLoles.

I'm sorry about the herpes comment, even though I didn't make it.

Farnbacher has installed an X-51 motor in my '05 "launch" 997S and the owners of REVO custom tuned it while over from England, as they did my '07 RS-4 (while Farnbacher was replacing the suspension and exhaust on that...) I can't speak more highly of REVO, or FarnbacherLoles... I'm sure you guys are excellent too. If I was on the west coast I might be knocking on your door with my stable for to modify! But I'm here... and happy. Many happy customers to you, too.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind Over Motorsports
The one on the right is my wife of nearly a decade, I'll be sure to let her know.
Classy move...posting an unidentified picture of your wife kissing another woman on an internet car forum. You should "let her know" that, too.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

very pretty cayman...oh, and your wife is hot too. no kids yet huh? i thought the herpes comment was funny...you cant really take offense at it since you did offer up the plenty more comment and only called them "the girls"....kinda sounded like "the ho's" anyway....no offense.

as a previous cayman owner, i would love to see how different your cayman rides than the 295hp CS i owned. I love the way the cayman looks and feels, but it is undernourished when it comes to the power department and the options on increasing power are few and fairly pricey. the whole exhaust/power kit thing doesn't really give you that raw energy that the 3.8 puts out. the comment about it being small is true too, but many wonderful things come in small packages. my hopes are that porsche or someone else will step up and make an affordable cayman offering with the kind of gusto my C2S has. thanks for the pics....the ones of the cayman i mean...
Old 01-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

I am wishing you "luck" because I think the X-51 Cayman is a tough sell, it's not the kind of car that flies out of the shop. I had a deposit on one, then stuck with my 997 instead. The Cayman is too small a car for me. Usually, great ideas never happen in just one place at a time, so... I can imagine that two different people 'thought' up the X-51, aerokit nosed, Cayman... If not... if one is following the other...imitation is a form of flattery. I would also think that your X-51 Cayman is not your 'bread and butter' of the business, and more an attention getting machine...as it is for FarnbacherLoles.

I'm sorry about the herpes comment, even though I didn't make it.

Farnbacher has installed an X-51 motor in my '05 "launch" 997S and the owners of REVO custom tuned it while over from England, as they did my '07 RS-4 (while Farnbacher was replacing the suspension and exhaust on that...) I can't speak more highly of REVO, or FarnbacherLoles... I'm sure you guys are excellent too. If I was on the west coast I might be knocking on your door with my stable for to modify! But I'm here... and happy. Many happy customers to you, too.
Thank you and yes, this makes total sense. You are also right about the Cayman, for us too it's an opportunity to showcase not only Mind's capabilities, but also the potential of the Cayman chassis (which cannot be said of the Boxster for obvious reasons). Absolutely agree customers for the complete car will be few but in general demand for minor to moderate Cayman performance upgrades will be strong - which is good for both shops and moreover for Porsche who by all accounts have not nearly tapped the performance (LSD, suspension, exhaust, ECU, etc..) potential of the Cayman with the current releases.

To be honest, I hadn't thought of who thought of it first and I hope they'd agree it was an obvious thought (Porsche's best non GT street engine in their new mid engine chassis)!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RedRocket
very pretty cayman...oh, and your wife is hot too. no kids yet huh? i thought the herpes comment was funny...you cant really take offense at it since you did offer up the plenty more comment and only called them "the girls"....kinda sounded like "the ho's" anyway....no offense.

as a previous cayman owner, i would love to see how different your cayman rides than the 295hp CS i owned. I love the way the cayman looks and feels, but it is undernourished when it comes to the power department and the options on increasing power are few and fairly pricey. the whole exhaust/power kit thing doesn't really give you that raw energy that the 3.8 puts out. the comment about it being small is true too, but many wonderful things come in small packages. my hopes are that porsche or someone else will step up and make an affordable cayman offering with the kind of gusto my C2S has. thanks for the pics....the ones of the cayman i mean...
I'm not offended by the herpes comment and neither would my wife be, it wasn't a personal attack. I just thought the response about matched the comment.! Hit the nail on the head...no kids yet and we like to go out - and I deliberately made it sound racier (than it really was) so cool and nasty comments should be expected. For the record, she's a model and personal trainer that loves the attention (there is no bad kind) and any camera within a 100 miles. To be fair to her, here's a more appropriate photo.

As for the Cayman, (see my post below), the upgrades (as a complete car) are very pricey (you can have a GT3 for less in fact) but individually (suspension and alignment above all else) and ECU/exhaust for a fraction of the price can (will) completely transform the car for much much less than an engine transplant. The ride....VERY surefooted. If you were at the PCA AX in San Diego this weekend you'd know first hand.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

if you havent already, you should post your project over at caymanclub. they would really get fired up over your "monster".
Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

More pics of the Chicks, i mean car, no i mean chicks....... More Pics.....!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:59 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice! It would love to did that with a boxster S. What 0-60 times does that do now. Now all you need to do it supercharge it!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Jordan...those pictures are a work of art! I am a very amatuer photographer for fun. I have a Can20D and a host of lenses. What setting on the camera did you use? I would guess a large apatuer and a lower shutter speed to get the blur but the pictures is so sharp and exposed perfectly?
Did you shoot in RAW and fix a lot in PS? Those pictures are SLICK!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mind Over Motorsports
Thank you as well....note that our Cayman was not only ready before Farnbacher's, it was also the development car working directly with Bilstein on the PSS9's for the Cayman masses. If you reference the Excellence article, you'll note that at the time of testing, no dyno data was made available and both FL and Excellence noted that ECU work was still incomplete so confirming actual HP/TQ were just estimates (as well as suspension tuning) and still "a work in progress". Excellence came to us as well and will ultimately test our car when our ECU work is also complete and reliable dyno data is available. (we figure there's still 15+% gains to be realized)....plus a move to Moton's clubsports is also likely.

Either way props to FL as the GTR is a solid achievement as we are also proud. This car is something special and we hope this is the ultimate direction and platform (mid engine sure footedness) from which Porsche themselves will advance towards some time down the road.

JM
Interesting. I am looking at the PSS9's for PASM one day.

This Cayman should be one fun as all hell car to drive!

I'll look for the future Excelence issue with the review.

Thanks once again!!
Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-25-2007, 06:53 AM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

Regarding some of your points...Two days after reading your post, I have to take a bit of issue with your comment that "your" Cayman was ready before Farnbachers'...
You state that your ECU work is not complete yet? At the time of the Excellence article the GTR had stock X-51 hp and tourque. They did not want to go on the books with those #'s. The car was ready, I drove it. It was set up more like a track car at the time... in fact it was tailored for drivers who like to track their cars. The car was complete. Complete enough to warrant me placing a 10k deposit on one. What took time, was getting the 'guys' from REVO (who have a very busy schedule) to spend enough time with the GTR to get the increased performance out of the ECU and engine. If you go to their web-site and check on projects, you'll see their completed car at photo shoots...actually hot lapping on the track... far before the Excellence article. Again, this shouldn't be a penile match, but... I can't be a more loyal FBL customer, so I feel the need to point this out. If you want to use the Bilstien info as pimpage, great... FBL went with the CROSS suspension because they are dually focused on racing and tuning, and the CROSS suspension is a more tuneable set-up...you yourself state that you may be switching to Moton's, so you know that the Bilstien's are primarily street shocks, and are not as tuneable.

I have not spoken to FBL in weeks...I'm focused on my US hot rods right now...6 projects currently...but I daily drive my cars that they've transformed... an '05 2.7 6-sp Allrod with StaSis coilovers and brakes, and full Euro RS4 componentry... An '07 RS4 with StaSis coilovers, full Milltek valved exhaust, custom REVO tune done by the founders of REVO (who also worked on the Allrod, and 997), and custom hyde re-trim... The "launch" '05 997S with PASM PSS9's, retrofitted X-51 (no small achievement, there were no '05 X-51's...major software work! With REVO FBL 410hp tune on top of that...), usual mods as well...
They also have been nice enough to work on my pair of AWD Nippon built turbo cars...the STI and EVO... not to mention fluid changes on my girlfriend...I mean my girlfriends' S4 cab...

After my Loving, Grateful, pitch for FBL... I sit down... once again hoping that 'you' (who I'm sure are as qualified and talented) can have the same customer loyalty, and success, at racing and tuning these wonderful cars.

Peace, love, cash prizes, and great sex to all.

'schmedward

Last edited by edwardschmedward; 01-25-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocket
I love the way the cayman looks and feels, but it is undernourished when it comes to the power department and the options on increasing power are few and fairly pricey. the whole exhaust/power kit thing doesn't really give you that raw energy that the 3.8 puts out. the comment about it being small is true too, but many wonderful things come in small packages. my hopes are that porsche or someone else will step up and make an affordable cayman offering with the kind of gusto my C2S has. thanks for the pics....the ones of the cayman i mean...
RedRocket,

Your comments are so true. I really wanted to get a Cayman S when it was released but was hesitant because of the power. I waited and was able to borrow a CS for week. I fell in love with the handling and “tossable” nature of the car. However, while the power was adequate (it is not a slow car) it just lacks the “zig” and “grunt” of a 997S and arguably the 997. Just that little extra torque and hp the 997 offers makes a huge different in daily driving IMO and I knew if I got the CS I would be longing for something different in a year. The irony is Porsche didn’t want to give the Cayman more power because of chance of cannibalization of 911 sales, but I would have bought a new Cayman S for $67k with the options I want if it had more power but I won’t buy a new 997 because the additional cost puts it out of my price range and I will just wait until the 997S falls into my price range on the pre-owned market (or the Cayman depreciates so much that a engine swap becomes attractive).
Old 01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Regarding some of your points...Two days after reading your post, I have to take a bit of issue with your comment that "your" Cayman was ready before Farnbachers'...
You state that your ECU work is not complete yet? At the time of the Excellence article the GTR had stock X-51 hp and tourque. They did not want to go on the books with those #'s. The car was ready, I drove it. It was set up more like a track car at the time... in fact it was tailored for drivers who like to track their cars. The car was complete. Complete enough to warrant me placing a 10k deposit on one. What took time, was getting the 'guys' from REVO (who have a very busy schedule) to spend enough time with the GTR to get the increased performance out of the ECU and engine. If you go to their web-site and check on projects, you'll see their completed car at photo shoots...actually hot lapping on the track... far before the Excellence article. Again, this shouldn't be a penile match, but... I can't be a more loyal FBL customer, so I feel the need to point this out. If you want to use the Bilstien info as pimpage, great... FBL went with the CROSS suspension because they are dually focused on racing and tuning, and the CROSS suspension is a more tuneable set-up...you yourself state that you may be switching to Moton's, so you know that the Bilstien's are primarily street shocks, and are not as tuneable.

I have not spoken to FBL in weeks...I'm focused on my US hot rods right now...6 projects currently...but I daily drive my cars that they've transformed... an '05 2.7 6-sp Allrod with StaSis coilovers and brakes, and full Euro RS4 componentry... An '07 RS4 with StaSis coilovers, full Milltek valved exhaust, custom REVO tune done by the founders of REVO (who also worked on the Allrod, and 997), and custom hyde re-trim... The "launch" '05 997S with PASM PSS9's, retrofitted X-51 (no small achievement, there were no '05 X-51's...major software work! With REVO FBL 410hp tune on top of that...), usual mods as well...
They also have been nice enough to work on my pair of AWD Nippon built turbo cars...the STI and EVO... not to mention fluid changes on my girlfriend...I mean my girlfriends' S4 cab...

After my Loving, Grateful, pitch for FBL... I sit down... once again hoping that 'you' (who I'm sure are as qualified and talented) can have the same customer loyalty, and success, at racing and tuning these wonderful cars.

Peace, love, cash prizes, and great sex to all.

'schmedward
I admire your loyalty to FBL...Mind aspires to have our customers feel the same about us. Again, with absolutely no disrespect towards FBL our car was on the road well before the Excellence article (which we can easily document....AND many Mind customers can attest) and for the record, Excellence was aware of this having offered the story to us as well BEFORE FBL. But we're didn't feel the car was to it's full potential and the thought of a race to market with FBL wasn't even a consideration. (Even REVO knows this). Also, we're not competing with FBL and don't (other than in this thread) advertise our car as "first" or even "better" since that's not the intent of the car to begin with. It's to showcase our capabilities and possible upgrade options for Cayman owners and overall, the car is CONSTANTLY under development and will continue to be. For example....we have now gathered extensive data on the PSS9 setup, alignment, camber, toe, etc...and will soon move on to Moton's which would be our suspension choice for owners intending a moderate to serious track effort. Same base car, very different customer uses, very different solutions from Mind. Of course PSS9's would not be appropriate in the latter example. Ultimately, this car will have served as a test platform for many separate possible upgrade combo's for on street use or dedicated track peformance. Engine, ECU header/exhaust combo's included This is how cars are developed....we wouldn't buy another Cayman just to run a different suspension? I struggle to think FBL's approach is any different. (i.e. complete GTR's with these exact options or nothing). This makes no commercial sense.

We aren't marketing our car as first and if I understand FBL's marketing neither are they....only is this discussion thread is it even mentioned and it wasn't brought up by us. What does it matter? Are RUF and several other well established tuners "COPYING" FBL with their 3.8L X-51 upgrades? Of course not.

Quick Reply: Monster Eye Candy!