Sponsored by:

Factory 997 S exhaust for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007 | 08:58 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Factory 997 S exhaust for sale

I have a set of factory 997 S exhaust and headers. I'm thinking of putting it up on ebay. Whats it worth?
Old 01-21-2007 | 09:41 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Well, the posts from the last week would indicate anywhere from zero to $100. Some of the suggestions were to keep it and make a cool coffee table out of it. Check at eBay and look at the ones for sale as well as the closed auctions... The last 2 Header sets went for $26.51 and $30.01 respectively. Exhaust more if with tips (I'll be re-using the oem tips). My feeling was to keep it all so the car could be put back to stock later if selling and the aftermarket items sold.
Old 01-21-2007 | 10:58 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

+1 on keeping ithem. your aftermarket headers are worth more than the stock headers so when you sell the car, put the stock ones back on and sell your aftermarket ones. you will never get anymore for the aftermarket ones on the car than if you sold the car with the stock ones. in fact you might get less.
Old 01-22-2007 | 12:56 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

+2 on keeping them. Seal off the ends and put them in the attic or a storage unit. When you go to sell the car, swap back. Keep in mind 2 things:

1. Trading the car in - Dealers want stock, not modified cars. Tehy won't give you more money for a trade with the mods, but might deduct for them.
2. Even if you sell the car yourself, most likely you won't get anywhere near as much for them on the car as you would swapping back to stock and selling the mod parts on Ebay or the boards.
Old 01-22-2007 | 11:59 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Default I would keep them if I were in your position

I bought my car with the Evo kit on it, no stock parts at all. I have purchased the mufflers and intake on ebay for almost nothing. As for the two headers on ebay I missed both of them : (. I will wait until the next set comes along.

I am trying to gather the stock parts incase I have an issue with Warranty that I am not scrambling to find some replacement parts.
Old 01-22-2007 | 01:15 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Everything I've read says headers / cats / exhaust cannot impact warranty in any way. You aren't touching the internals of the engine - just opening up the exit for the hot gas. So I'm not worried about warranty, but if I have $4k in aftermarket parts, I'm certainly not going to give away my oem parts and then when I sell the car lose it all. I'm going to spend the $500 in labor to revert back to oem and get $2k for the headers, cats, and exhaust for a net $1500 in my pocket.
Old 01-22-2007 | 03:44 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Default I agree that the exhaust/intake modifcation won't harm

the inner workings of a engine, but if my car has a problem PCNA may try and point a finger at the aftermarket parts (Audi of America was the same way).

I plan on keeping this car for a long time (beyond warranty) and I don't mind spending a few dollars to have the stock parts.
Old 01-22-2007 | 06:01 PM
PAULSPEED
Pro

Hi
I was at TRG Racing saturday and them have about eight stock
exhaust sets. Phone them up if you want stock parts. One guy
told me that they were going to take them to parts heaven.
Paul
Old 01-22-2007 | 09:58 PM
AMG_55
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
+2 on keeping them. Seal off the ends and put them in the attic or a storage unit. When you go to sell the car, swap back. Keep in mind 2 things:

1. Trading the car in - Dealers want stock, not modified cars. Tehy won't give you more money for a trade with the mods, but might deduct for them.
2. Even if you sell the car yourself, most likely you won't get anywhere near as much for them on the car as you would swapping back to stock and selling the mod parts on Ebay or the boards.

+3 its not worth the trouble/time of even putting them on ebay, i kept my mufflers and plan one keeping headers/cats and airbox when i go aftermarket
Old 01-24-2007 | 12:57 AM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

+3...keep them!!

Quick Reply: Factory 997 S exhaust for sale