Best WAX For Guards Red ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best WAX For Guards Red ??

What type of wax do you guy's recommend,
That would give me the best overall results on Guards Red??
Highly Appreciated..........Thx In Advance.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P21S if you like natural carnauba's. Zaino Z2pro or Z5 pro if you prefer polymers'.
I use Z5 Pro and the gloss and protection on seal grey are astonishing. Wait a minute....just noticed you are in Dade...Sunshine. Red's tend to be very prone to fading, use Z5 Pro, it contains sunscreens to keep UVA and UVB damage to a minimum.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
birdman
Instructor

+1 for Zaino
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

yep...Zaino Z5 new formulation. will keep your GR looking great.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

thx so much guy's!!
I have heard about the Zaino product but have not used it...... Is it that much better then lat's say Meguiar's or 3m wax??

Any tips on where to buy Zaino??
Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Forget Zaino.

For Guards Red the best wax out there to give it the deepest shine is Pinnacle's Souveran Wax, hands down.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:13 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCBen
Forget Zaino.

For Guards Red the best wax out there to give it the deepest shine is Pinnacle's Souveran Wax, hands down.
well, i guess you could go that route....plan to spend alot of time with it though, and about 80 bucks a can. Zaino has worked well for me on my last 4 cars...all red...im kinda partial to red.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocket
....plan to spend alot of time with it though, and about 80 bucks a can.
It's actually one of the easiest waxes to work with. That's why it costs so much - refinement process. And I paid only $69.95 for a can of it 5 yrs ago, and I have about half a can left.

Definitely much easier to use than Zaino, hands down.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

thx - for all the tips!!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For short time after waxing Pinnacle Souveran Wax is best under the sunlight imo. P21 is close second.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Cope
Advanced

If you are going after looks then I'll cast another vote for Souveran. I've been using it for years to achieve show car type apearance. There is no doubt in my mind that it is the easiest to use and provides the best shine. Durability, however, is another matter as it is not know for its longevity against the elements.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Souveran, hands down for red.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:30 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Zymol "Simply Red"
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Wax or Sealant

Seeing that you're in Florida, a wax may not be your best option.

Most waxes will start to deteriorate very quickly in the hot sun. The oils start to migrate out, you will then always pick-up more dust or dirt and if you are near trees, the pollen will stick like flypaper. Then, the protection starts to also loose its effectiveness.

Waxes do look great, but they HAVE to be maintained and more often in hot environments.

Sealants do not have the problems waxes do, last longer, easy to maintain. More and more sealants are getting closer to a wax look. Some sealants though still will give off a very steril/plastic-wrap look.

Zaino Z5-Pro and or Z2-Pro with Z8 Grand Finale QD spray has been a very good match. Zaino is also going to be releasing a new AIO (All In One) and a Clear Sealant that you apply and walk away, no rubbing/buffing.

The best and longest life for Zaino is to mix it with the ZFX additive.

Zaino is applied very very thin. As thin as possible. Also it can be layered as most sealants can, but some cannot due to the solvents used in them.

There is Klasse, Rejex, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Menzerna FMJ, Meguiars and more in the sealant lines.

Souveran is a very nice wax and used it often, but as much as it will make your finish very deep/wet looking, the oils will attract dust like mad. I find that I not only have to wash a finish more often that is exposed to lots of sun, but also clay it to remove the darn debris that just will not let go after washing.

Most people will go with a sealant since it's easier to maintain, lasts longer and look very nice.

Those wanting wax will be washing it more often and maintaining it to try to kep dirt at bay. Great for concours events! Hell, you can even top a sealant with a wax if going to a Concours event then, later, wash off the wax with a Dawn wash leaving the sealant intact for the most part.

There are many waxes, some costing very big $$. Most waxes have the same main ingredient which is carnuba and some add bees waxes as well. Then, the oils are added for depth. The more exotic the oils, the more $$ you'll pay. No need to spend lots of cash for a wax as most are subjective anyway. Some waxes not only contain the above aforementioned, but some have added polymers to last longer than std waxes and to compete with sealants.

If you are not going to be waxing or maintaining this every weekend, then I'd choose a sealant. If not, wax away Danielson.

You can gain more ideas and reviews etc on several other forums such as Autopia.org, Detailersclub.com and a few others.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only use Meguires Mirror Glaze No. 7 Show Car Glaze. I was completely winged off Zaino a couple of years ago. I used to do car shows and didn't get any trophies. I talked to the winner and consistantly this was the wax they were all using. I switched and won the next one I attended. The only downside is it isn't a long life wax, so you need to wax once a season.

Car show trophies:

Zaino: 0 for 5
Mirror Glaze: 3 for 4

Quick Reply: Best WAX For Guards Red ??