Sponsored by:

Best WAX For Guards Red ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
I only use Meguires Mirror Glaze No. 7 Show Car Glaze. I was completely winged off Zaino a couple of years ago. I used to do car shows and didn't get any trophies. I talked to the winner and consistantly this was the wax they were all using. I switched and won the next one I attended. The only downside is it isn't a long life wax, so you need to wax once a season.

Car show trophies:

Zaino: 0 for 5
Mirror Glaze: 3 for 4
That's due to SCG #7 is just that, a Glaze and not a wax. It's loaded with oils, and if not applied correctly can streak like mad. Great product though and you're right, it does get the judges attention. Even worse was try to apply a wax over #7.

The best way to lean how to use that glaze correctly is visit Meguiarsonline. Mile Phillips of Meguiars has the info on #7 for best results.

An old trick was to use Pledge due it's levels of oils!

Old Zaino had that same old steril look that didn't get anyones attention.

New Zaino has a much better look than before. Add Z8 and it's getting closer and closer to a wax look.

Most concours events need some type of glaze or wax due to the judges idea that every finish has to look oily.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DSUNNY,
This is the web and you will get 1,000 different responses to any question asked...
No doubt Souvereign or P21S has great shine but in all honesty can the users here really say they can see a difference between any of the quality waxes and polymers listed above??????**** no!! Only highly advanced optical equipment is going to measure a true difference in depth of shine.

I have applied P21S, Blitz One Grand, Zaino Z2 AND Z5 Pro, and Harleys paste on my 2006 Seal Grey hood alone and at every angle indoors or outside I saw absolutely ZERO shine difference, even the water beads were the same size and nice and round, not flat oblong beads.

Fact. Polymers will be more durable in the sun. Over and out.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Snoopy
Racer

Chemical Guys 5050. I like it better than Souveran.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Forget all of the above. I sell this product now because I know it works, 100% flawless results.

If your paint is in good shape now, consider Rejex.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Forget Zaino.

For Guards Red the best wax out there to give it the deepest shine is Pinnacle's Souveran Wax, hands down.
+ 1 for Pinnacle's Souveran Wax

Put it over your fave polymenr wax for the final deep gloss on GR paintwork
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
diverdan
Intermediate

Mequire's NXT does a good job and applys easily. It also works well on the Clearbra-type film I have on the front of the car.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:51 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diverdan
Mequire's NXT does a good job and applys easily. It also works well on the Clearbra-type film I have on the front of the car.
Agreed, for my GR car I use NXT and then apply the Pinnacle's Souveran Wax over that as a final wax.

The guys over at autopia car care recommended this two stage solution specifically for a GR car
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
RedRocket
Instructor

i would only consider rejex if you live in a low dust, high air quality area. a friend of mine who has owned countless porsches found that everytime he used it became a dust magnet. he lives in NM (non-arid climate). now he uses P21S.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Totally agree with this. Hands down best for red. I've tried several, and it's still the king on guards.

Forget Zaino.

For Guards Red the best wax out there to give it the deepest shine is Pinnacle's Souveran Wax, hands down.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:54 AM
westlaker
Instructor

I use Rejex and love it. I haven't washed my car in a traditional sense since last year.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 AM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just remember "easy on-easy off". An effortless wax/polish will not last at all. You get out of them what you put in them. Just remember to avoid the silicone polishes(clear ones). They go on easy...and are weathered off just as easy.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 AM
DSUNNYM1
Instructor

Thanks for the advise ........
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Seeing that you're in Florida, a wax may not be your best option.

Most waxes will start to deteriorate very quickly in the hot sun. The oils start to migrate out, you will then always pick-up more dust or dirt and if you are near trees, the pollen will stick like flypaper. Then, the protection starts to also loose its effectiveness.

Waxes do look great, but they HAVE to be maintained and more often in hot environments.

Sealants do not have the problems waxes do, last longer, easy to maintain. More and more sealants are getting closer to a wax look. Some sealants though still will give off a very steril/plastic-wrap look.

Zaino Z5-Pro and or Z2-Pro with Z8 Grand Finale QD spray has been a very good match. Zaino is also going to be releasing a new AIO (All In One) and a Clear Sealant that you apply and walk away, no rubbing/buffing.

The best and longest life for Zaino is to mix it with the ZFX additive.

Zaino is applied very very thin. As thin as possible. Also it can be layered as most sealants can, but some cannot due to the solvents used in them.

There is Klasse, Rejex, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Menzerna FMJ, Meguiars and more in the sealant lines.

Souveran is a very nice wax and used it often, but as much as it will make your finish very deep/wet looking, the oils will attract dust like mad. I find that I not only have to wash a finish more often that is exposed to lots of sun, but also clay it to remove the darn debris that just will not let go after washing.

Most people will go with a sealant since it's easier to maintain, lasts longer and look very nice.

Those wanting wax will be washing it more often and maintaining it to try to kep dirt at bay. Great for concours events! Hell, you can even top a sealant with a wax if going to a Concours event then, later, wash off the wax with a Dawn wash leaving the sealant intact for the most part.

There are many waxes, some costing very big $$. Most waxes have the same main ingredient which is carnuba and some add bees waxes as well. Then, the oils are added for depth. The more exotic the oils, the more $$ you'll pay. No need to spend lots of cash for a wax as most are subjective anyway. Some waxes not only contain the above aforementioned, but some have added polymers to last longer than std waxes and to compete with sealants.

If you are not going to be waxing or maintaining this every weekend, then I'd choose a sealant. If not, wax away Danielson.

You can gain more ideas and reviews etc on several other forums such as Autopia.org, Detailersclub.com and a few others.

Regards,
Deanski

Deanski:

I have used Zaino Z2 for years and love it. I mix with the catalyst and use the Grand Finale between coats. I apply with an orbital (black or red non-cutting pads) and remove with a micro fiber towel.

My question:

Can I use the Z5 Pro for a couple of coats then follow up with the Z2 for a coat or two?

I thought the Z5 filled in swirl marks, and the Z2 was a follow-up for a really nice sheen. I just purchased Z5 and this is what I plan to do....Z5 (x2), Z2 x 1 or 2 with Grand FInale in between each coat.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dariof
Deanski:

I have used Zaino Z2 for years and love it. I mix with the catalyst and use the Grand Finale between coats. I apply with an orbital (black or red non-cutting pads) and remove with a micro fiber towel.

My question:

Can I use the Z5 Pro for a couple of coats then follow up with the Z2 for a coat or two?

I thought the Z5 filled in swirl marks, and the Z2 was a follow-up for a really nice sheen. I just purchased Z5 and this is what I plan to do....Z5 (x2), Z2 x 1 or 2 with Grand FInale in between each coat.
By all means! This is what Zaino is designed for, to be layered!!

I found a neat trick as well. After you've done your Z5Pro with ZFX and it's cured and are now ready for Z2Pro with ZFX, spray a small amount of Z8 into the Z2Pro/ZFX bottle mixture and shake well. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then give one last shake and apply thin. You can do 3 coats in one day. I've also used Z6 or Z8 between each coat as well after each has cured.

Zaino is also now going to be releasing an AIO (All In One) polish soon. This will remove any previous Zaino, remove or clean any very minor marring and makes a great base for Z5 or Z2.

Once maintained with Z8, try this: In another spray bottle put some Z8 into it. Thin it with distilled water, but put only about half of water to Z8 and mix well. Z8 is very concentrated and can be cut a bit and still be a very good QD. Use the full strength for those days you want a deeper wetter look.

Zaino is also releaseing a new Clear Sealant (CS) which is a sealant you apply and walk-away, no buffing.

Using a "PC" and pads is OK, but can be a bit wasteful, however, it makes a good start for Z5 since it hides. The new ZAIO will be perfect for use with pads!!!

Enjoy!!
Deanski
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts
Thumbs up

Forget Zaino.

I agree... Pinnacle Souveran wax on red or black.

Quick Reply: Best WAX For Guards Red ??