Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Front Plate Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
gmoney99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pay the tickets, stick it on to get it signed off. Remove and repeat.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really wouldn't worry about it. I don't use the front plate on any of my cars and I've never been cited even on the occasions when I've been pulled over for a moving violation. I would, however, caution you about going through the Queens Midtown Tunnel without a front plate; apparently the cops there are notorious for pulling guys over for that infraction.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree that the looks aren't that great of the plate off to the side.

I picked up one of the tow hook brackets anyways just in case I need to put it on quickly.
When parking in downtown Denver they will ticket you on the street. It's pretty simple just to screw the plate in when parking and then remove it when you get back to your car.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't live in NJ or NY, so I don't know how much you get hassled for it up there, but I leave the front plates off all my cars. It's my throw-away ticket for when the cop knows I've been naughty but also knows he can't prove it. It gives them something minor to cite me for instead of trying to charge me with something serious that won't necessarily stick. Besides, down here it's just an equipment violation (no points, not on your record) and it's cheap. I think it was $70 last time I got hit with it.

Now, when I've legitimately gotten nailed for speeding I get cited for that. But, I've never had the missing front plate tacked on to it.

Quick Reply: No Front Plate Ticket