Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade Sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:12 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Default Upgrade Sound system?

Have anyone performed an aftermarket upgrade to their speakers system? The factory speakers are adequete. Just not fully satisfied w/ it. I didn't get the BOSE specifically thinking is overpriced for cheap tweaked speakers. Any suggestions? Yes, the sound coming from the engine is beautiful enough. Sometime, I just wanted to crank it up, especially when The Queen is playing. ANy suggestions?
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:15 PM
Ron Adair
Racer

[QUOTE=Sometime, I just wanted to crank it up, especially when The Queen is playing. ANy suggestions?[/QUOTE]

You mean the engine, of course.
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:28 PM
MyEmily
Racer

LOL!!!! Yea....thoose clinky-d-clank puff puff... Remind me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.... It just sing....
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:42 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Extensive Stereo and nav upgrades have been done in the past search stereo upgrades!
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:01 AM
Ron Adair
Racer

Originally Posted by MyEmily
LOL!!!! Yea....thoose clinky-d-clank puff puff... Remind me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.... It just sing....
Never mind.
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:13 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I seem to recall that black/terra had upgraded his stereo system. Anyone remember that?
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:14 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
I seem to recall that black/terra had upgraded his stereo system. Anyone remember that?
Most of us have been trying to forget that thread.
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:28 AM
MyEmily
Racer

Just read thru Black/Terra thread. IMO, it was a horrible face job. I wanted to keep the stock look and just upgrade the speakers and amp. Did caught one post about MBquart speaker and MOST compatible amp upgrade. That's the route I wanted to take. Just wonder if any one here performed a similar upgrade.

To Ron, sorry for the corny reply...
Old 01-07-2007 | 12:34 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I never liked B/T's conversion, but never said anything cause there was enough gasoline on that fire already. I'm not sure which was worse, the conversion B/T did, or the thread war that went on.

If it were me I'd want the head unit to remain stock. I've wondered the same thing about swapping out for MBQuarts. My local installer tells me it's not worth doing, and I figured he wouldn't say something like that if it were not true, but still I wonder.
Old 01-07-2007 | 01:50 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

i feel strongly about this. the Bose system is more than adequate for most types of music listening. why do i say this? i'm one who has spent thousands of $ in years past trying to recreate the esoteric system in the house.

the Bose system is a great option and a less expensive alternative that offers great sound without sacrificing much else.
Old 01-07-2007 | 02:37 AM
MyEmily
Racer

IMHO, BOSE in a car is just an Marketing ploy to overcharge consumer. In home, BOSE may have some valid ground to claim. In a small car enclosure, any tweaked/equalized speakers can sound just as good as BOSE. as long as it's tweaked. The physicle BOSE speakers are really very inexpensive (cheap). IMO, w/ some tweaking and quality speakers, one can create a sound system that can outperform the BOSE due to a small car enviroment.

If my memories serve me correctly, MBQuart stand out because they create aftermartket speakers to fit most german cars. I heard them and it sound smooth and clean. Just wonder have anyone on this board installed them in their car. I'm not looking for thump thump thump. Just clean and smooth.
Old 01-07-2007 | 02:39 AM
geof
Drifting

Originally Posted by oalvarez
i feel strongly about this. the Bose system is more than adequate for most types of music listening. why do i say this? i'm one who has spent thousands of $ in years past trying to recreate the esoteric system in the house.

the Bose system is a great option and a less expensive alternative that offers great sound without sacrificing much else.
oalvarez- I read this and a few past threads on Bose vs. no Bose. I just want to be clear on your experience- As an audiophile who has spent four/five figures making a "less imperfect" system at home, and who knows the reputation Bose has among many audiophiles, you would think that the Bose system in the 997 is pretty good given the cabin interior, and would probably satisfy even some cranky audiophiles.

I'm just taking notes for when it is my time to place the order...
Old 01-07-2007 | 02:51 AM
MyEmily
Racer

ck it out
http://www.mbquart.com/all/en/html/e...alerie_024.htm
Old 01-07-2007 | 02:58 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

I got myself the Infinity Kappa perfect speakers on my car (albeit, NOT a porsche)
and my lord, they sound GREAT. Whatever you do, amplify them, your ears will thank you.
Old 01-07-2007 | 05:46 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

A lot of our riders jam with FOCAL.......

Quick Reply: Upgrade Sound system?