Sponsored by:

Upgrade Sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:09 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
The only time car audio sounds good is in the driveway with the engine off.

On the road, too much clutter to overcome.

The cabin of the Porsche is way far away from vault quiet.
I think this is spot-on. The 997 is loud on the road, I don't have golden ears [despite being a college music minor], and I don't think I could hear the difference between Bose and non-bose at 75mph. I have the regular non-Bose stereo, I turned the treble down one notch, bass up three, and it sounds a-okay to me.

And fwiw, I have HK in my E46 M3, and I think it sounds better than the non-bose in my 997.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEmily
What if you don't have Bose, like in my case. I didn't special order my P-car. I was estatic enough just to receive one as a present. What can I do to improve the stock sound? On a long winding road to no where, the engine sound great. Having some music to complement it make the drive worth while. Being spoiled by B&W @ home, Kind of wanted something descent in the car. Just wanted some feedback from the board.

Thx anyway

B&W is wonderful audio componentry but hardly high end esoterica. you need to take that with all due respect. there is some real kooky stuff out there (like hundreds$/foot of interconnect cabling if not more).

bose works in THIS application
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I think this is spot-on. The 997 is loud on the road, I don't have golden ears [despite being a college music minor], and I don't think I could hear the difference between Bose and non-bose at 75mph. I have the regular non-Bose stereo, I turned the treble down one notch, bass up three, and it sounds a-okay to me.

And fwiw, I have HK in my E46 M3, and I think it sounds better than the non-bose in my 997.
the non-bose stereo doesn't sound very good in my opinion, at any in-cabin noise decibel. in all actuality it sounds horrible. yes, i've owned that system.

again, if you have a choice, pay up for the option, it's worth it, especially if you want to stay oem.

regards
Old 01-08-2007, 01:08 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MJones
The only time car audio sounds good is in the driveway with the engine off.

On the road, too much clutter to overcome.

The cabin of the Porsche is way far away from vault quiet.

Perhaps I just don't understand,
ah, mjones! allooooo my friend (new years weekend, pasadena, rusnak).

you own and drive a gt3. not a typical test sample for this test case scenario.

did the fuel vent hose get fixed?

regards
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
B&W is wonderful audio componentry but hardly high end esoterica. you need to take that with all due respect. there is some real kooky stuff out there (like hundreds$/foot of interconnect cabling if not more).

bose works in THIS application
don't I know . I hope my wife isn't reading this forum.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:44 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MyEmily he is in Orange County. I am sure that he can improve your non-bose system, as to what it will cost I don't know. The nice thing about the system is that it looks stock. It is a very clean install. You can call Rick Reus at 800-276-8865. He is the owner he will take care of you.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Sound system?