Sponsored by:

bent rim

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:03 AM
bdmason
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation bent rim

Hi guys I just discovered I have a bent my front rim .I ran through a pot hole the other night and the front end hasn't felt right .I visually looked at the wheel but didn't notice anything .Tonight I noticed the tire was low ,upon putting air , I saw that there was a slight dent in the rim no damage to paint or rim. just a ding . (excuse me I'm not sure how to word this) . Is it possible or has anyone had a rim fixed ? If need be I can take a pic and post it here . Let me know what yas think? would be appreciated
Bob D
Old 12-27-2006, 01:35 AM
raffi
Pro

of course the rim could be fixed. Take this to any wheel repair shop and they will be able to tell you if it can be fixed.
Just make sure it is not cheaper to just buy a brand new rim. most of the stock wheels are readily available as new car takeoffs for real cheap on ebay.
I got a single wheel for my 996 a while ago from wheelenhancement in LA, $250 compared to the dealers $800
Old 12-27-2006, 02:56 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bent rim is usually about $200-250 repaired since it has to be heated, repressed, repainted. get a take off if you can. put the rim on a balance machine. it may not be that bad to cause vibration.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:05 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Mine was less then that on my C2. About $80 if I remember, but it wasn't that bad and it was an M-5 wheel. Repainting not required. But I was able to drop it off and wait. Done in Tewksbury MA near Boston. They have ads in the BMW Roundel and Panorama, I think!!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is your M5 wheel polished? if so, it can be straightened without repainting which would explain the quicker turnaround and cost. any painted wheel cannot be straightened without repainting which means you'll have to drop it off for the repair.

Quick Reply: bent rim