Squeaky driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky driver seat

I have the standard seats with supple leather. Lately when getting in and out of the car the driver side seat squeaks quite a bit. I tried the same thing on the passenger side and it is quite. Its a 2006 and now has about 8000 miles on it.

Curious if anyone else out there has had this problem? The sound appears to come from where the base of the seat meets the backrest.

Thanks for any info!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a similar issue, but I have GT3 seats. Under heavy braking, the driver's side squeaks. Sounds like it's coming from the sliders. A little well-placed grease should do the trick.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I have a similar issue, but I have GT3 seats. Under heavy braking, the driver's side squeaks. Sounds like it's coming from the sliders. A little well-placed grease should do the trick.
Thanks but I think it may be coming from the backrest (or maybe the squeaking is coming from more than one place ) because if I move side to side or forward and back it makes the same sound.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:47 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a similar problem with the std. seats. It sounds like the seat belt latch is rubbing against the seat causing the noise. Ideas?....Thanks ..GR
Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

I dont think so, it sounds more like a rubbing sound coming from within the seat, like a spring or gear mechanism.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:49 AM
MyEmily
Racer

Could be the air bladder attachment within the power seat lumbar support. Inflat the bladder to the max setting and see if it squeak. Have a similar squeak problem w/ the passenger side airbag. Dealer fixed by disassembled the whold door panel, etc... Claimed 4 labor/billable hours for the warranty service and couple dollar worth of felt tape to eliminate the squeak...

Quick Reply: Squeaky driver seat