Had a problem with Hoen-USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:24 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Interesting.
I had no problems at all and got my lights very quickly.
Call you credit card company and have the charges reversed.
Sorry you had to go through that.
Ditto.

No problems with my order.

Fast and efficient.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

no probs with my hoen order also. furthermore, ive heard from many folks that hoen stands behind their bulbs with a great replacement warranty
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So I checked the site, but I can't figure out if the fog/driving light unit is a complete replacement (like the sidemarkers) or a bulb swap in the factory unit. Does anyone have the answer?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:59 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

It is just a bulb swap.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:04 PM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmoney99
From Andreas at Hoen:

"This customer contacted us as his order was cancelled due to failing a fraud check (CVV failed). He was angry in that he did not get an e-mail confirmation of this cancellation however one is automatically sent from our merchant account processor 2co (2checkout.com) to the e-mail provided. To sum it up the hold on his card will expire, he will not be charged. Typically this expires in 2-5 days. We are saddened by the incorrect comments he has posted on a well regarded forum but as existing customers can comments we are hardly a 'fraud'. We are also surprised as this posting because this person did e-mail us two days ago and we politely issued a response as to why his order was cancelled, more than likely due to a typo on his part during the checkout process which failed the fraud check."

Why didn't I get a response from Andreas like the post I'm replying to above? I have not received an email from Hoen, if they sent one it didn't go to me. There were NO typos on my part because I received a confirmation #3566133404 and charge of $62.95. I firmly believe that Hoen should handle their own shipping and leave 2CO.COM out of it. I will attempt to call the "wholesale only" number and if Hoen makes it right I will issue an apology here to Hoen.
Thanks.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Chill out, exhaust your options for contacting the vendor and resolving the problem, and THEN post. Sheesh.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
SYMA
Pro

Ummm, I had only one option available and that was to contact 2CO as I stated in original post and that got me nowhere fast. I then went to Hoen website and there was only a wholesale phone number. I emailed Hoen and didn't get a response.....they said they emailed a response to me as somebody stated above, I did not receive an email response.

What would you now do?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:55 PM
wetstuff
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure why you didn't hear from them/him directly. Here was the reply when I sent them a link to this thread...

"Thank you for the link. This order failed a fraud check and was cancelled. It
was not charged, he did not receive any product because his credit card order
was rejected. The hold placed on his card will expire in a few days and the
charge will not show on the statement - typical credit card stuff.

regards
Andreas"

......'as much as I know. ...and I'd actually like the bulb set - just waiting for the clouds to clear.

j i m
Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMA
Ummm, I had only one option available and that was to contact 2CO as I stated in original post and that got me nowhere fast. I then went to Hoen website and there was only a wholesale phone number. I emailed Hoen and didn't get a response.....they said they emailed a response to me as somebody stated above, I did not receive an email response.

What would you now do?
did you check your spam emails? sometimes emails get lost in there.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
SYMA
Pro

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
did you check your spam emails? sometimes emails get lost in there.
Not there, thank you for suggesting though.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:06 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't I get a response from Andreas like the post I'm replying to above? I have not received an email from Hoen, if they sent one it didn't go to me. There were NO typos on my part because I received a confirmation #3566133404 and charge of $62.95. I firmly believe that Hoen should handle their own shipping and leave 2CO.COM out of it. I will attempt to call the "wholesale only" number and if Hoen makes it right I will issue an apology here to Hoen.
Thanks.
Receiving a confirmation does not mean your order is accepted. Fraud checks occur after order placement unless the service runs the checks in real time, which 2CO do not....not many do outside of Amazon or Yahoo are able to do that. 2CO have already told you that your order failed an internal fraud check and was cancelled. What more do you need to know?

2Co is a merchant account provider, they just run credit cards and check for fraud for a fee much like yahoo stores, paypal or any bank merchant account services.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:22 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

What would you now do?
Everyone else seems to have had no problem contacting either Hoen or 2CO.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

What would you now do?
I'd place another order with them. You'll love the lights!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 PM
SYMA
Pro

Originally Posted by gmoney99
Receiving a confirmation does not mean your order is accepted. Fraud checks occur after order placement unless the service runs the checks in real time, which 2CO do not....not many do outside of Amazon or Yahoo are able to do that. 2CO have already told you that your order failed an internal fraud check and was cancelled. What more do you need to know?

2Co is a merchant account provider, they just run credit cards and check for fraud for a fee much like yahoo stores, paypal or any bank merchant account services.
I shop exclusively online and have never had an issue ever. As I said 2CO was rude and useless, they were of no help whatsoever. Period. I will contact Andreas at Hoen directly when I return from my business trip. It seems a few on this thread know more of my situation than I do.....As far as a fraud check, what the hell is that? the card I used, well lets just say I can do about whatever I'd like too with it, and after 16 years of using it I never had a fraud issue.
Thanks for all your help and posts.

Quick Reply: Had a problem with Hoen-USA