Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Cab Crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:43 AM
RK1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think we should jump to any conclusions until a full investigation is conducted.
With that said I like to make a few observations.
1) I'm really sorry she is dead.
2) If she was at fault I'm very glad she only killed her self. Too close to that door.
3) We hand out Drivers Licenses like candy. Its BS. We as a nation should change this to something like the way they do in Germany. Anyone who had to pass these test knows what I'm talking about.
Can you imagine the result if we had unrestricted speed limits.
4) As a direct result of above the average driver in US has a license and a 2 to 3 ton weapon to kill.
5) The best way to reduce these is to really teach how to drive and be responsible.

Regarding the photos: Not to be cold, but I belive any tool that can be used to teach others to be responsible is a good tool. Many young people think they are indestructible, these photos can erase that elusion and maybe save lives.

Kevin
Old 11-22-2006, 04:04 AM
gt3_002
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1341086.php

here is the site where it talks about it! Be Safe
Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was a kid in the 60s, the high school drivers ed would show pictures and movies of this kind of stuff to help drive home the point. Not sure if it works but worth the effort.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats really a shame. 18 is way to young. I'm still unclear as to who was drinking though...?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

I feel terrible for the girl's parents - one can only imagine the feelings of guilt.
I certainly hope that the pictures of the aftermath showing the girl's body are never seen by her parents. Truly tasteless.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:56 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RK1
I don't think we should jump to any conclusions until a full investigation is conducted.
That accident happened last month. Most of you are just getting wind of it. A full investigation was conducted and completed. We're just not privy to it.

Originally Posted by RK1
Regarding the photos: Not to be cold, but I belive any tool that can be used to teach others to be responsible is a good tool. Many young people think they are indestructible, these photos can erase that elusion and maybe save lives.
I agree.
Originally Posted by Coochas
I certainly hope that the pictures of the aftermath showing the girl's body are never seen by her parents. Truly tasteless.
I'm sure you don't mean that the photos themselves are tasteless. They were obviously taken by the accident investigators. Like I said if I were her parent I would want to see them. But first hand, from the investigators, not off the internet. I think that's what you mean, right?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

That brings up an horrible dilemma, if it were your child, would you want to see the pictures/body or not? I think I would.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:35 PM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by RK1
With that said I like to make a few observations.
1) I'm really sorry she is dead.
2) If she was at fault I'm very glad she only killed her self. Too close to that door.
3) We hand out Drivers Licenses like candy. Its BS. We as a nation should change this to something like the way they do in Germany. Anyone who had to pass these test knows what I'm talking about.
Can you imagine the result if we had unrestricted speed limits.
4) As a direct result of above the average driver in US has a license and a 2 to 3 ton weapon to kill.
5) The best way to reduce these is to really teach how to drive and be responsible.

Kevin
^^^

Couldn't agree more with every one of your points!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:40 PM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by R4][N_M4l{3R
That brings up an horrible dilemma, if it were your child, would you want to see the pictures/body or not? I think I would.

If it would scare even one person into making better choices when they get behind the wheel... Then YES!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:25 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CleanSlate
If it would scare even one person into making better choices when they get behind the wheel... Then YES!
Good point, I agree.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:18 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMA
Hey everyone, Including moderators.
Can we please remove this post out of respect to the family and the graphic nature.
Thank you kindly.
Syma
Sorry Syma,

This was a repost taken from the 993 forums. What is graphic about the photos. You mean to tell me you have never seen a crashed car before????
Old 11-22-2006, 08:19 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

What a horrific and tragic accident. I know it will make me think about how I teach my daughter about driving when the time comes. I just can't decide which pictures to save if any when I try to explain about the laws of physics and not being invincible. Brutally tragic loss of a life, but there's something to be learned from it. My heart-felt condolences to the families of course.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:48 AM
luminousjo
3rd Gear

Can I get a copy of these pics? My younger brother recently started driving and he needs to understand why you should respect the vehicle. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:11 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luminousjo
Can I get a copy of these pics? My younger brother recently started driving and he needs to understand why you should respect the vehicle. Thanks.
yes you may, mr. two post hide behind an alternate user name!
nothing stops you from copying the pics to your hard drive.
OH! but i forgot! then you wouldnt have had a reason to make this post, bring the thread to the top, and make it look like it's for the publics good.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,131 Likes on 809 Posts

Time to kill this thread or Hi Jack it at the very least ..

Icon I love your Avatar .... that is classy..

Quick Reply: 997 Cab Crash