Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

laser jammer - front and rear diffuser??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 342 Posts
Default laser jammer - front and rear diffuser??

A friend just got a C4S cab and was asking about radar/laser protection. I only have a diffuser in the front and no issues with getting hit with laser in the rear. What do you think? Worth the extra $$ and removing the rear bumper to install.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More info needed.....Brand of Jammer.....Where purchased.....etc..........
Old 11-10-2006, 06:41 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by D.D.
More info needed.....Brand of Jammer.....Where purchased.....etc..........
I have a Lidatek LE-30 with one diffuser in the front. My friend is looking at a Lidatek or the calibre bluetooth also with 2 diffusers. Not sure why you need to know where purchased?

I'm simply asking if anyone thinks the rear diffuser is worth it.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:56 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

I have the K-40 system and the rear diffuser has saved me once. jMost of the time it's the front sensor that comes into play. It's a comfort zone, knowing that the K-40 has "your back" however. And let me tell you when you get hit with laser you know it. It goes off with a loud "gong" and immediately you start slowing down. They can't get an initial read on you, and by the time they do your going 65mph. Hope this helps.

Jay
Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the K40 with front & rear radar receivers, but only front diffuser. Haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket due to laser from the rear, not that it can't/won't happen. As it appears the odds are so remote I opted not to have the rear diffuser installed.

As for the K40, I'm very pleased with it so far. No issues and it's saved me a ticket or two.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Johnza
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the k40 system, This thing is stealthy as it is a blue tooth and works great. I also bought the front laser diffuser , but I do not have a front plate so I haven'y installed it yet, Is it possible to mount it on the front so that it does not look like a huge rectangle? Also will a laser hit work without a front plate? ( I thought that they typically aim for the license plate)
Old 11-11-2006, 02:09 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told by the installer that a rear laser diffuser is unecessary.

The police aim at the headlights or the license plate.

The diffuser is a small rectangle in the front. Here's a pic: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...7&postcount=11
Old 11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have a full K-40 bluetooth system!

Damn best hardware installed! I put my Valentine on E-Bay

The only thing is to have your LED's mounted high enough to be in your line-of-sight. This way, you can react quickly.

My LED's are mounted too low and I have to have them move them up one day.

You what a laugh? Have your K-40 on and as you drive to one of those trailer speed detectors the police leave to show your speed as opposed to the posted, watch the "your speed" as you have it on.

Sure, a K-40 is expensive to install but think about the cost of a speeding ticket, additional increase in insurance etc. Pays for itself in one or two traps.

Gotta love the remote! And the voice announcements as well! I have to find a way to incorporate it into the Bose to mute it down like the NAV voice in case of a trap. I know, I have PSE and should be listening to that instead of the Bose, but now and then I just have to listen to "I CAN'T DRIVE..... 55!"

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: laser jammer - front and rear diffuser??