Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 06:58 PM
golfman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
golfman, I got your message but have been extra busy with honey-do's and football this weekend. I am not out of town. I will be around on Friday if you want to stop over.
Cool, I ordered the fabspeed and evo V flow yestarday. Reeves is going to do the install and do revo tuning at the same time. I will let you know how it comes out.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I think you'll enjoy the fabspeed. Have had mine a few months now.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfman
Cool, I ordered the fabspeed and evo V flow yestarday. Reeves is going to do the install and do revo tuning at the same time. I will let you know how it comes out.
OK. Time is up. How do you like the Fabspeeds? With the new exhaust and Revo tune do you think the car is any quicker?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

I went with the Agency and am very pleased. I was not sure at first -new exhaust and I could not listen to it before the install. I've always gone with Fabspeed in the past. I've been very happy with Fabspeed just wanted to try something new. The Agency has a deeper tone. Certainly is not too loud. There is zero drone that I cannot say the same about Fabspeed. This would be my only complaint about Fabspeed. I have the Fabspeed GT2 on my 996 TT and the drone is pretty bad. It does not bother me because it is a weekend car. My 997 gets driven more often around town so I did not want any drone. The sound is getting better as I put a few more miles on. I will not make a case that Agency is the best but I am very pleased with the results and has to be the best for the $$. I would buy the same exhaust again if I had to do it over.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Thanks for the input Todd!
Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Originally Posted by lostcode
I just got my FVD GT 997 S full exhaust system instaled and it sounds amazing ....!!

I have personaly hear Tubi, Fabspeed, GHL , B&B, Enko.

This system is not for the weak hearted its i a notch below a gt race car sound

it is one piece from the headers to the tips.

It idles like a monster with a deep growl.... in my opinion thats how every porsche should idle

and at high rpm this thing screams.. I no longer use my stereo on the car.

If some tells me how to post video or sound i ll be glad to show the group.

thanks

Jorge
Boca Raton, FL

Jorge , I have heard your car in person. It sounds SICK !!!! ( Good ). FVD did a good job having that exhaust design.

Hope 2 c u at Homestead next Saturday for the Rolex Grand Am race.

Saludos !!

Theo
Old 03-15-2007, 09:45 PM
N2XSSPD
Rennlist Member

Golfman on anyone else--any comments on the Revo tune such as problems since install as well as noticeable performance changes?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Originally Posted by Truble10
I went with the Agency and am very pleased. I was not sure at first -new exhaust and I could not listen to it before the install. I've always gone with Fabspeed in the past. I've been very happy with Fabspeed just wanted to try something new. The Agency has a deeper tone... I will not make a case that Agency is the best but I am very pleased with the results and has to be the best for the $$. I would buy the same exhaust again if I had to do it over.
Glad to hear the Agency fills the bill at a great price. It seems from the pictures at vividracing that the Agency muffler is very similar to a 996 design with an extra pipe to fill the gap. The 996 and 997 mufflers are very similar except that the exit pipe is longer on the later. Is this correct or are the photos misleading?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
talalhz
Track Day

This is the link to Agency Power site:
http://www.agency-power.com/
A video is on their web site to view and hear....
I just bought one from a popular internet auction site (Not promoting any sites) and paid $855 with FREE SHIPPING.... Not a BAD DEALLLLLLLLLLL
I'll post a video and a review once I install it on my car
Old 06-16-2007, 07:41 PM
dndodd
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is a semi new one APR mfg by Billy Boat to APR specs.

They claim 43 HP on their dyno - headers, cats(german 200 Cell), muffler, BMC AF, and APR software.

They have a free 6 hour trial on their software and I am going to try it. Supposed to better power and torgue low to mid range.

They have done great things with turbo charged cars. Anybody tried their products for the 997S?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Buzz911S
Instructor

I've been running Fabspeed's "track pipes" for about 4 months now. No mufflers at all. The car sounds like it's ready to run in the Rolex. On cold start, the car idles LOUD! According to Fabspeed I lost 80lbs off the rear, and gained 12-15hp. There is a noticeable difference in acceleration and low end torque (as if the 997 needed any more). But, at certain RPM's the car drones so badly you can feel it in your feet. If I get it into 6th gear and cruise.... it's quiet as a mouse. So, the loudness is directly proportional to the weight of your right foot. At high RPM... this thing screams so loud it brings tears of joy to my eyes. Heel toe down shifts often cause several great sounding explosions.

The negative part: The bypass pipe from Fabspeed does not fit. They make one for the 997 and another for the 997S. I ordered the 997S pipe and the flanged ends would not fit over the stock 997S pipes. I had to take the pipe to a muffler shop and have it spread larger. That worked. There are two clamps which hold the pipe in position. The clamps were tightened all the way down, and were still too large to even hold the pipe in place. So, I had to buy smaller ones and they did work. This is not a "slip on" simple installation as it is advertised. I'll make a video soon.... it's pretty loud.

Buzz

Quick Reply: Need Exhaust help?