Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Buzz, PASM does NOT lighten the fly wheel.... good imagination though!
Originally Posted by Buzz911S
$%#@ LSU!!! I'm looking for louder exhausts too. I had a set of track pipes from Fabspeed, but there was no muffler....nothing, but nice chrome tips. Way too loud for the street, so I sent them back.
Remember how the old 911 air cooled engines sounded? You could run it up and it would backfire and belch flame when you shifted.

Well, anyway I just posted a video of my 997.... I have a hat with a video camera on it, so if you'd like to compare the INside sound of my resonators at 150mph.... go here!

It's a short download and it's worth it to go for the ride... keep your mouse pointed on "pause" while you're watching it so you can see the speedo when I glance down at it. I verbally said "90mph through the "S's" ... but if you pause on the speedo glance in the middle of the S turn, you'll see it is actually 94mph. I wonder what that sounded like from outside? Here's the link.
Enjoy! www.cheap-rc.com/porsches fast.AVI

Buzz

P.S. Please, no lectures about doing this on a public road. I get enough of that from my wife! I even short shifted into 6th.... that's safe! Plus, I have every light in the front of the car on and I flash my lights at oncoming traffic.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Buzz911S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Buzz, PASM does NOT lighten the fly wheel.... good imagination though!
Yep, I made a mistake. Good imagination? What does your PASM do besides stiffen your suspension? M-I-S-T-A-K-E ! <for this car>

In my other car...PASM does a LOT to the flywheel!

No big deal, eh?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:17 PM
lostcode
AutoX

I just got my FVD GT 997 S full exhaust system instaled and it sounds amazing ....!!

I have personaly hear Tubi, Fabspeed, GHL , B&B, Enko.

This system is not for the weak hearted its i a notch below a gt race car sound

it is one piece from the headers to the tips.

It idles like a monster with a deep growl.... in my opinion thats how every porsche should idle

and at high rpm this thing screams.. I no longer use my stereo on the car.

If some tells me how to post video or sound i ll be glad to show the group.

thanks

Jorge
Boca Raton, FL
Old 10-08-2006, 12:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Yep, I made a mistake. Good imagination? What does your PASM do besides stiffen your suspension? M-I-S-T-A-K-E ! <for this car>

In my other car...PASM does a LOT to the flywheel!

No big deal, eh?
Buzz, PASM does not lighten the fly wheel in any Porsche. All it does is stiffen your shocks and re-map the throttle responce. There is no way you can remove mass of a fly wheel in a car with the push of a button.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Buzz911S
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Buzz, PASM does not lighten the fly wheel in any Porsche. All it does is stiffen your shocks and re-map the throttle responce. There is no way you can remove mass of a fly wheel in a car with the push of a button.
Well, I have to disagree.... it doesn't lighten it... In some cars it not only remaps the throttle response.... it makes the flywheel physically smaller in diameter. But, out of everything you saw and heard, you just had to pick on me for that mistake. Ok, "This PASM button stiffens the suspension and improves throttle response". That ok?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I have to disagree.... it doesn't lighten it... In some cars it not only remaps the throttle response.... it makes the flywheel physically smaller in diameter. But, out of everything you saw and heard, you just had to pick on me for that mistake. Ok, "This PASM button stiffens the suspension and improves throttle response". That ok?
Buzz - nice vid. You forgot the other thing that PASM does... it takes the mass which was removed from the fly wheel and adds it to your Tally-wacker to make it BIGGER!

My wife thinks the distance from here > |______________________________| <to here is 10".
Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Buzz911S
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
Buzz - nice vid. You forgot the other thing that PASM does... it takes the mass which was removed from the fly wheel and adds it to your Tally-wacker to make it BIGGER!

My wife thinks the distance from here > |______________________________| <to here is 10".
ROFLMAO! I don't have a flywheel anymore. I transferred all of the mass as you noted... and wow! [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife ran away when she saw it! Wise guy!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

gotta911...too funny!
buzz....you're ...well...enough said.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
golfman
Instructor

Ok going to order the fabspeed and evo vflow intake. Spoke with local dealer they will do the install and add revo tuning at the time of install. Then it is off to the track
Old 10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
4thporsche
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing the same next Monday but with GIAC
Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 AM
dnp_now
Instructor

Hello,

I've researched and read many threads on how people just absolutely loved their PSE option.

I'm curious if there are anyone out there that didn't think the PSE lived up to the hype after the install. Or didn't think it was worth the money

Also, does the PSE sound better than the current 997tt exhaust?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Queram
Instructor

I heard it. It sounds ok. Button does not mean anything to me since I would do the all the time on mod. It is heavier (A BİG NOOOOO in my book) , no power gains (WHATS THE POINT), costs a fortune.

If I pay that money, it better deliver and other than sound it does not. I do not own one but heard it on 3 different Carreras.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:28 AM
mdrums
Race Director

I heard PSE at Reeves in Tampa and then went and bought Fabspeed. Don't get me wrong...PSE sounds nice but I liked the Fabspeed at full song better.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

golfman, I got your message but have been extra busy with honey-do's and football this weekend. I am not out of town. I will be around on Friday if you want to stop over.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
lostcode
AutoX

see this video...

sounds better in person much better...

It is a FVD 997 GT full exhauts system

link: http://www.promenadescredit.org/Fabspeed/Movie.wmv

Quick Reply: Need Exhaust help?