Sponsored by:

Reus Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reus Audio

Anybody had the Bose system enhanced by Reus. I am getting it done within the next couple of weeks. I would appreciate any comments regarding warranty issues, sound, etc. I have heard the system sounds amazing, just wanted to confirm.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM
anthement
Track Day

Mine was actually the first 997 he did in July '05 (they had my car for about a month while he worked out the accoustic design optimization for the new interior.) Although not quite up to the level of of the system they did for my 996 (with the PCM module, they did not change out the entire system like they did in the 996), it has progressively been upgraded over the past year and is getting pretty close (they have replaced their amp design a couple of times that have resulted in smoother response and opened up the front imaging).

While their systems are not cheap - and it is an easy argument to make against the value of spending money on an audio system in any car - I get immense enjoyment out of the system and believe it is the best I can get in the car (and more importantly I know Rick and his team are constantly working to improve the system).

Michael
Old 10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Where is Reus, and how much is this going to cost me? <g>

-don
Old 10-05-2006, 01:11 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

He is in Orange County, California. Price ranges from 3,000 to 6,000 and he will fly an installer to you. Go to www.reusaudio.com for more info. What I liked about the system is that it appears completely stock.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:20 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default this is ridiculous

you spend 3-6K to "enhance" your BOSE.

I plead with everyone NOT to even think about this.

Why in hell would anyone want there system to look stock other than for theft reasons.

When they say I want it to look stock, I've never been sure whether they mean unit on or off but...

When powered on the difference in control and features a Pioneer AVIC or equivalent will give you is obscene. Detailed fulll color nav maps, POI, Voice command on and on and on...

And when the unit is off, its just a black screen.

This is **** retentiveness at its highest form.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:32 PM
MMA93
Intermediate

My thoughts exactly. **** retentiveness? Does that go away by sleeping on a cheap mattress?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default ICON

youre not going to pull the trigger either way...

whats the purpose of you even reading about stereo.

All you ever do is "browse" without the guts to make a move...

I have knowlege in Porsche audio, I've been there...have you?

I'll take your advice and go away however, not becasue you asked.

MMA...please go forward, I'm sure the stereo installers with the white labcoats in the website photos have given you the warm and fuzzies. I'm glad you are making the wise decision to spend for the best. I see hte other guys cheering you ahead but to cheap to follow suit so they tell me to go away so you can be the sacraficial lamb.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by black/terra
Why in hell would anyone want there system to look stock other than for theft reasons.
Says the guy with turkey platters instead of wheels on his Bentley.

Leave aesthetic sensibilities out of this; we've hammered that topic to death on your other thread.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Because the alternative is a car like the one you built, which obviously doesn't appeal to the vast majority here. Haven't you figured that out yet?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
anthement
Track Day

Reus offers many levels of "enhancements" of the stock Bose system to a complete replacement of all of the electronics. The basic system replaces all of the speakers and bass drivers with his own design and then goes up from there (replacement of the amps, adding an additional speaker at the rearview mirror).

Since I personally wanted to maintain the stock interior look of the 997 as well as the standard PCM/NAV integration, I did not want him to replace the headunit. So while my system is not sonically as good as the one in my 996 where he did replace out the head unit, it is optimally tuned for the interior of the car.

I highly recommend calling Rick and he can explain in exact detail the sonic benefits of his system and what benefits you will achieve - and not achieve - by replacing the various components of the stock Bose system. Better yet, if you are local to OC, he has a very cool set up to demo his equipment against most retail brand speakers, head units and source devices.

you spend 3-6K to "enhance" your BOSE.

I plead with everyone NOT to even think about this.

When they say I want it to look stock, I've never been sure whether they mean unit on or off but...

When powered on the difference in control and features a Pioneer AVIC or equivalent will give you is obscene. Detailed fulll color nav maps, POI, Voice command on and on and on...

And when the unit is off, its just a black screen.

This is **** retentiveness at its highest form.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,707 Likes on 2,342 Posts

i dont like stereo in cars period.
i have some incredibly high end stuff at home, goldmund, ARC, CJ, old levinson, cello, sonus faber, avalon, well tempered, vpi, oracle, air tangent, sme, you name it i probably have it.
that said, i have heard REUS system in person. the are extremely expensive but the install is as oem as you want it to be AND NOTHING in the car stereo world even come remotely close to what REUS' sound. i am not talking about loud obnoxious bass (you can't reproduce low freq in a car, you need an iron glove amp like ML23 that weighs 100lbs), but oh the sound on REUS... if you HAVE TO HAVE stereo in a car, get REUS.

Quick Reply: Reus Audio