Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 AM

Question Tracking

What's the best way to track the progress of my car before, during and after shipping, is the dealer my only resource?

Thank you
Old 10-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Get close to your salesman. He can tell you your checkpoint 8 date (the final checks date) and by closely monitoring Porsche's updating of the status code on your car can give you an idea of when it will sail. Most important is the name of the car carrier. Search within this forum and you will find things (if you are a west coast delivery) like the Panama Canal schedule (of all things!) and the schedule at San Diego,--the west coast delivery point.

Keep in mind that Porsche is usually not very good at keeping this stuff up to date. You can track a $40 package across the world but you can't track a $140,000 car across Atlantic.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Edgy01
You can track a $40 package across the world but you can't track a $140,000 car across Atlantic.
Thanks for the info, this part cracked me up

I'm in SE Florida. I'll be checking in with the GM of the dealership on Monday and hope to get more info along with the ship name and checkpoint 8 info.
Getting very close now, delivery is supposed to be mid Oct. Funny, I've owned more than twenty Porsches over the years and always bought them from dealer inventory or pre owned, but this is the first time I ordered one to spec and the wait is not so easy.

Quick Reply: Tracking