devon7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drmark
Devon,

If you want to sell yours, let me know.

Thanks

Mark
At this point I'm undecided on whether to keep it or not - I'll probably give it another month to see if it loosens up some more.

But I'll be sure to let you know if it's coming out
Old 09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Sport Shift that came from the factory on my 06 C2S. Very smooth and precise under all driving conditions. Would get it again in a heartbeat. Good luck with your new Porsche...
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Drmark
Racer

Thanks Devon
Mark
Old 09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Steve Davidson
AutoX

...coincidentally, I collected my Meteor grey Carrera from Lancasters yesterday (it was under wraps in the showroom)....I did sit in 'your' car and play with the gearstick...nice and tight....although I didn't spec it on my car because I think you just get used to either change...I think the standard shift is just great and by the way, all of you with silly big wheels don't know the delights of base model 18"s combined with optional PASM!...incidentally this car runs Bridgestones if that makes a difference

Steve
Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I like it ....

I spec'd my car with the sport shifter hooked up by the dealer. I was told that the factory no longer does this installation ... for some reason or other. Dealer install was like $675ish.

I drove a 2006 with the sport shifter installed. I liked it. I have not driven a 997 with the OEM long shifter, but did sit in a car with one. Seems the sport shifter is about 15-20% shorter than the standard (my guess).

Snick ... snick ... it works great, but as stated is a bit stiff when cold. But, most manual boxes are I find. Just my experience.

BAGGER
Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I love mine.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here - I love it in gears 2 - 6. 1st gear pisses me off more times than not though.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:18 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ronmart
Same here - I love it in gears 2 - 6. 1st gear pisses me off more times than not though.
I agree--the short flicks of the shifter from 2 through 6 are fantastic, but sometimes getting into first can seem a bit notchy.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started with the regular throw in the C2S and put a OEM Porsche SSK into it myself after a couple of thousand miles. Absolutely great addition. The SSK and the Sport Chrono throttle settings are wicked fun! Just, "... snick, snick, snick..." shifting.

More importantly, that C2S is beautiful! The CF on the Stone with the Cobalt and the GT Silver XRR 19's is a trick combo. Good impluse buy I say. What are impluses for if not that?

I'm not sorry to say it but... good Lord these cars are beautiful!

Screw Aston's. Look at that Porsche machine!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Dr 997
Racer

A silly question, but how can you tell if you have short shifter if you bought your car used? I've never used one before, so is it that different from a regular shifter? Mine supposed has it (on the list of options in the ad) but I don't have the original sticker.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 AM
AJKOK1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve Davidson
...coincidentally, I collected my Meteor grey Carrera from Lancasters yesterday (it was under wraps in the showroom)....I did sit in 'your' car and play with the gearstick...nice and tight....although I didn't spec it on my car because I think you just get used to either change...I think the standard shift is just great and by the way, all of you with silly big wheels don't know the delights of base model 18"s combined with optional PASM!...incidentally this car runs Bridgestones if that makes a difference

Steve
Hi Steve,

I can't belive you get to have a go in it before me !!! Not often I get someone on a forum to test my gearchange for me for real. Great service !

I had hoped mind you that now its sold, they would have locked it up rather than leave it on display, but I am sure you were gentle with it. Who did you deal with, was it Kevin ?

Al.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 AM
AJKOK1
Instructor

Originally Posted by snarf
Al, wonderful looking car, you will have a great time with the sport shifter it is as Deanski said like a rifle-bolt in action. The Carrera sports wheels are also the best looking in my opinion - my salesman told me they are GT Silver in colour and a perfect match for my car. However, I have to say they look a little more grey than the GT silver paint but to a degree that varies with the ambient lighting (and brake dust). The other thing you might not be aware of is that the tyres fitted to these wheels are 10mm wider than the standard option at 305mm cf 295mm and hence finish flush with the arches which adds further to their appeal.

When you have time tell us what other options are included.

Allan
Hi Allan,

I don't have the full list to hand, but I know it includes :-

Short Shift Kit
Sports Steering Wheel with controls
Porsche Communication Management (Sat Nav)
Telephone Integration
Heated Seats.
19" Sports Wheels
Rear Parking Sensors
Carbon Fibre Dash and Console Kit
BOSE 13 speaker system
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System

If I have missed any bits I'll update the post.

Al.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Steve Davidson
AutoX

hi Al

actually, to be honest it was a couple of weeks ago that I sat in your car... it was locked on Tuesday

yes, I was dealing with Kevin, nice guy, apart from his scary driving and his relentlessness in trying to sell me 'gap' insurance + paint treatments (I declined both).

my Carrera is lovely, I was worried that it wouldn't be sufciently better than my previous 987 Boxster, but I needn't have worried, Porsche obviously save all their best bits for the 911!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
AJKOK1
Instructor

hi Al

actually, to be honest it was a couple of weeks ago that I sat in your car... it was locked on Tuesday

yes, I was dealing with Kevin, nice guy, apart from his scary driving and his relentlessness in trying to sell me 'gap' insurance + paint treatments (I declined both).

my Carrera is lovely, I was worried that it wouldn't be sufciently better than my previous 987 Boxster, but I needn't have worried, Porsche obviously save all their best bits for the 911!

Funny that, he was promoting the virtues of both to me as well ! He certainly does like to put his foot down on a test drive. Glad you are pleased with the carrera, i'm upgrading from a 996 C4 cab, and on a test drive the 997 C2S certaily felt much more tight and responsive.

Have you got a picture of your new baby ??

Al.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 PM
lazlo9
Advanced

Steve

lets see pics of that meteor grey Steve!

Quick Reply: 997 Short Shift ?