Sponsored by:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I still haven't seen any pics so I'm starting to wonder if this was just a fantasy post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome - happy birthday!!!!

I had a similar experience on a test drive of a red 360 spider with the top down. Seriously, I was on a 2 hour test drive driving on Mercer Island (a very affluent area in Seattle) I literally had at least 3 women talk to me, and school kids (we passed kids on a field trip at the park) just went nuts. People on the freeway were driving into the brake down lane because they weren't paying attention, but it probably didn't help that I was over in the carpool lane (a separate bridge) going (well we'll just say track speeds) with that engine wailing.

If I ever have the spare cash, I'll definitely get one of these one day. It is a totally different experience.

For the record the number of unsolicited female converastions with the 911 - 0, number in a corvette test drive - 1.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Birthday gift indeed!

I hope to get my hands on a F430-F1 one day to test.

Not long ago,one of our friends wanted his Enzo detailed and this time I got to drive the beastly thing! Now THAT was a very sick car! As short of a drive it may have been, it still one of the most memorable ones! Fast and LOUD is one way to describe it, but it feels like you're sitting on pavement! Damn is it low!

Driving it around one area where numerous people were was like as if a Hollywood star was walking on the street. One of my customers saw me in this Enzo and next day commented that business must be damn good!

The noise from the engine and transmission was the most unreal experience! Wind up the engine was like a bomb going off! He then gave me a few pointers on how to launch the car hard. Sitting this time in the passenger seat he did a launch that felt like you were in a rocket. The amount of power pins you and won't let go. Then it was my turn. First attempt I didn't do so well, but after he pointed out the mistake the next one was insane. I was holding on the wheel as if I was hanging from a cliff. Scare the living crap out of me once I looked down after shifting a few times to see the spedo. I was going over 140 in a heatbeat! This car also had ceramics and felt really nice and firm.

BTW, he's selling it and getting a 997 Turbo and a new F430-F1 to spec. I hope I get the chance to drive both! I found out the maintenance on this thing is beyond insane. Oil (Shell synthetic-Helix) costs over $60 per quart! Even though he has a boat-load of money, he just couldn't see spending all this $$ for oil changes and other maintenance. You HAVE to use that oil or it voids the warranty. Nice!

To have the Ferarri you had for a weekend is just one of the great moments in life you'll never forget. Tell your wife she's a doll for doing this for your birthday!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 09-27-2006, 02:27 PM
CarreraS06
Intermediate

My uncle moved to Miami last year and one of the first things he wanted to do was to buy and exotic car (since in Mexico it is imposible for security reasons), well, this past May he bought a Black F430 Spider with probably all the equipment options available for the car. The good thing is that he travels a lot and he asks me to use the car all the time. I cannot describe when i'm driving in South Beach all the attention this beast gets, to the point that you feel uncomfortable, specially with tourists.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Happy Birthday 'Steel (and Dario!):

I experienced a lot of the same things when driving my buddy's F355 Berlinetta in Portland - and that was "only" a 355... <g> People will basically hurt themselves to get close to the car... it's just otherworldly. And the sound - OMG, the sound - I love my 997 with PSE, but the F-car is just on another level completely. Brian's car has a Tubi, and it sounds like nothing that I can even describe...

That gated shifter is a bitch at first; it becomes much more acceptable as time goes on. Agreed, the 997 is much, much easier to shift from the get-go.

So, 'Steel - what are you going to do now? I know that you're keeping the Porsche... got an open garage bay? <g>

-don

Quick Reply: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!