Sponsored by:

New to this board

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got car last week...

has only 120 miles, after plugging in the serial # of my 5 year old V1 on their site, they offered to upgrade me for a nominal charge to the latest model, so I sent them the unit.

Should recieve the new one any day now, and had the Idea that hard wiring on the dash to the right of the steering wheel might be my best option, as I am an infrequent user in day to day Manhattan traffic. Also thought about having a local shop Ultrasmith do a hidden install in the rear view mirror, but due to the fact that its a self dimming model, there are liquids that would leak if opened, Im not sure if this is true though I asked at the dealer and no one seemed to know the answer... any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Got it last week, just breaking it in, but with allthe rain I haven't gone too far. Car is an amazing experience on the road, took a short drive upstate on winding roads, and the sport mode was incredible, dont know why they package it with a chrono on the dash I would have thought the two unrelated...
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

Welcome to the fanatics forum and Congratulations on your stunning P-car!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:33 AM
pilsuh
Intermediate

Jeff,

I am a newbie to the forum as well. I live in NYC as well and picked up my C2S (silver also) 11 days ago. I hear you about the potholes here. I find myself going to Jersey to run the smallest errands now, just to be able to open the car up a bit. Regarding radar detectors, I am debating whether to hard wire a radar detector or get a remote radar detector. If I go with a remote, K40 Calibre or V1? Decisions, decisions.

I noticed your reference to Ultrasmith here in town. Have you had any experience with them? Looking to for a reputable shop that can do a radar detector and clear bra.

Gorgeous car. Enjoy. Maybe I'll see you around town.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Ive never used them but a long time ago I read that they invented the V1 hidden install, not sure though, but from the pix ist seems like they do a nice job. Ive always used V1 and never gotten a ticket, so its a good unit, and as for clear bra, the dealer over on 11th avenue, did it for me, a decent job, and Im sure that they warrant the work...are you in Manhattan?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Gorgeous!
Glad to have you abord. Yes, a signature is a small perk of subscribing - We're sorry if we seemed like we pressured you, we don't mean to! That's ultimately a decision you'll have to make, if you want to contribute to the forum upkeep or not

Anyways, all that boring stuff aside, where did you take those great photos? Quite the backdrop! Suits the Porsche perfectly, wheras most photos are taken out in the country, parked in some grass, blah blah. The organicness of the 911's shape is accentuated by the empty urban setting. Of course I love architecture as well, so I'm biased
Old 09-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

I Love architecture as well, generally modernism, but also Cast iron era builings, so I understand where your comming from. The cul de sac is on 72nd street and the river just east of York Avenue. The row houses are from the late 1800s, whereas the relected building was built 100 years later, quite a patchwork here it Manhattan! I thought it would be a quiet place to snap a few shots, we have the UN crap This week,so my midtown where I live has been taken over by the secret service, and their Suburbans, and army trucks with communication towers, sadly there are so few spots here where one can just park and take a few shots...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
pilsuh
Intermediate

I am in Manhattan. Upper west side. Made some calls to various auto electronics shops in the city today. Ultrasmith definitely sounds like they have experience with Porsches, but they are quite expensive. Will let you know where I end up getting it done.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Jeff911S
Intermediate

Default Make sure o check on the self dimming mirroer issue if you have one

Jeff
Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jeff911S
I Love architecture as well, generally modernism, but also Cast iron era builings, so I understand where your comming from. The cul de sac is on 72nd street and the river just east of York Avenue. The row houses are from the late 1800s, whereas the relected building was built 100 years later, quite a patchwork here it Manhattan! I thought it would be a quiet place to snap a few shots, we have the UN crap This week,so my midtown where I live has been taken over by the secret service, and their Suburbans, and army trucks with communication towers, sadly there are so few spots here where one can just park and take a few shots...

Cool!

Yeah I can certainly understand. to be fair, that looks like you got a great location!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:32 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Nice car. Very clean. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: New to this board