Sponsored by:

Zaino Z5-Pro Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Z5-Pro Review

OK, since some members have shown interest in Zaino, here's a great review and comments on the new Zaino Z5-Pro over at Detailcity.org. If you're a member you get to see the pics which are stunning!

Everyone should read this Pro or Con to get an overall aspect to the product.

Zaino Z5-Pro Review

Oh yea, the link brings you to the bottom, scroll up...

Regards,
Deanski
Old 09-15-2006, 11:18 AM
snarf
Instructor

Impressive, makes my first attempts with Z2/Z6 look sad. But I guess it's difficult to get the same affect on silver
Old 09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do most of the Zaino products result in a streak-free appearance as the norm? I'm getting annoyed with faint but noticeable residual streaks from my carnaubas.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

Zaino is streak free on the black cars Ive used it on (lexus). So long as the stuff dries it comes off clean.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Do most of the Zaino products result in a streak-free appearance as the norm? I'm getting annoyed with faint but noticeable residual streaks from my carnaubas.
Zaino is very clear. The only issues is to strip the wax prior.

Deanski
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deanski's review inspired me to apply Z5 Pro this past weekend. I am a heavy Zaino user but have only been using Z2 Pro lately. Generally pleased with results...easy application/removal, nice smell, swirl marks filled in nicely, very smooth to the touch. Only issue is that in direct sunlight the finish looks a bit more cloudy and not as clear as when I've used Z2 Pro (this is after putting on Z8 with MF towel). Have a feeling that with a coat of Z2 the Z5 Pro results will be more evident.

06 C2S
Black/Black
Aerokit
PSE
Sport Shift
Carerra Sport Design
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

It should resolve some of the cloudy effect unless you got a bad batch of Z5-Pro. I know it has to be shaken well to suspend the filler.

If it still looks bad, contact Sal over at Zaino and let him know on the Z5-Pro cloudy issue. If it's a known bad batch, he'll send you a fresh one and have you return the bad one. He stands behind his products!

Older Zaino had that "plastic wrap" look to it, very similar to Rejex in look, reflective as hell, but sterile looking, no depth. This newer version has that corrected and Z8 helps big time!

Black is always a PITA when it comes to a perfect finish. The more you correct in getting most of not all marring or swirls, the better! Zaino Z2 as you know is very very clear.

Another problem new users have (you're not one) is putting it on too heavy/thick. It has to go on so thin, it's hard to see where you applied it. Too heavy results in poor cure time, unable to bond and streaking. In that case, mix up some Z7 wash detergent and distilled water in a spray bottle and mist the area and wipe off. Streaking is gone. Now apply thin as possible, let it fully cure and wipe off.

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Zaino Z5-Pro Review