Sponsored by:

Porsche crest on front decklid

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:47 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by b911s
it's a 8mm nut. Often the emblems are removed when the dealer does the delivery polishing of the hood. Just be careful when you retighten it because the pins that are connected to the hood crest are only solderd to the back of the emblem and should not be overtightened, they can twist of pretty easy. Then its a real pain in the *** to get them out. Whenever you feel it snugging up thats just about good enough.

A funny thing happened to me reguarding this. When I went to pick my car up I walked up to it and the Crest was missing altogether. The salesperson called down to the detail shop and wounldnt ya know, nobody knew where it went. Parts was closed by now, so we just stole one off of another car. Dont rag on the salesman, he is a good freind and was busy before I arrived and hadnt yet had a chance to look it over.

PS-I actually am a new member of this forum as about 4 days ago and now a proud owner of an new 2S. This is also my first post, so hopefully I was able to provide a little info.

Welcome!

Now where the heck is the pics of your car?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of 8mm socket fits through the hole in the underside of the hood to engage the nut? Is there a deep well narrow 8mm?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so from this thread I've picked up...
always check your nuts
&
always use a towel

hmmmmm

Quick Reply: Porsche crest on front decklid