Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the person that had the black box put in his car by Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 PM

Question Will the person that had the black box put in his car by Porsche...

Porsche recently installed a black box (recording device) in someone's car to help identify the problem causing the hesitation near stalling issue quite a few of us have experienced. I'd like an update from him please.

Thanks

Last edited by 500; 09-06-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
etmorcus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only had it in the car for two weeks and have driven less than 500 miles. So far nothing. It is interesting to note that the dealer thinks it is fixed (because he needs it for another vehicle!)
Other bugs have shown up on my car, so much that I have contacted Porsche for a replacement.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the update. What exactly did the dealer do to think they fixed the issue, especially since it's such an intermittent problem? I hope the issue occurs again before you give the device back and I think two weeks is not nearly long enough to test for this issue but more like 3-4 months. BTW any luck with a replacement?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
etmorcus
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer service manager (new) said a whole lot of mumbo jumbo, the net result is that they reset something with the throttle.
I have not heard from Porsche, yet which is disappointing...
Old 09-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by etmorcus
The dealer service manager (new) said a whole lot of mumbo jumbo, the net result is that they reset something with the throttle.
I have not heard from Porsche, yet which is disappointing...
Stay on them, as most auto manaufactures are not very proactive when it comes to these things. It is refreshing to hear they but the recorder in your car, hopefully the car acts up so Porsche can find and correct this problem once and for all.

Quick Reply: Will the person that had the black box put in his car by Porsche...