Sponsored by:

Convertible top operation & Windows programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Convertible top operation & Windows programming

Is anyone else annoyed by the windows going up by default at the end of the top opening cycle?

Also, the rear windows go down with the front windows when I select the windows down button. But they don't go up together. I have to select each of the 4 individually. Any way around this?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
JMAGOLAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can keep the windows from going up when lowering the top, by releasing the convertible top button when the icon goes out on the central display. The top is then completely retracted and stowed, so you won't get a warning message. It takes a little practice, but if they do start to go up, just release the button and lower them. As to raising the windows together, the way the car is set up requires switching from front to rear to access the respective windows, as you have discovered.

Jerry
Old 09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

get a smartop, that would solve that problem plus you get one touch up and down top
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 102 Posts

I got the smarttop, and it is a very usefull not only for the issue you mentioned, but for the 3-4 other useful things it does. (alarm chirp, remote top open/close, one touch rear window open close, etc).

Quick Reply: Convertible top operation & Windows programming