Sponsored by:

Looking at a C2S - Pricing Input Requested

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Rasta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a C2S - Pricing Input Requested

Potentially looking to purchase an '05 C2S. Slate Gray / Black combo. 5K miles. Well maintained. $89K sticker. Options include Sport Chrono, short-shifter, Bose, Power seats + other. No Nav. Car looks, feels and sounds lovely. Warranty till end-2008.

Think we can negotiate around $68K. Thoughts on price?

Is a NAV retrofit about $2K (I will also search on this later on - running out the door)?

Many thanks.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I think 68k is a very good price, that seems to be the asking price on a standard Carrera with similar mileage. Is the car at a P dealer or private party?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Ron Adair
Racer

Do you care about installed NAV? Buy a Garmin. I love mine.

I'm scanning 996 tips (for Los Angeles drives) and dealer prices (w/certified warranty) are in the neighborhood of 997s.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Rasta
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I think 68k is a very good price, that seems to be the asking price on a standard Carrera with similar mileage. Is the car at a P dealer or private party?
Private party.

Thanks to you both for your input.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

You will not be able to buy a dealer car for that price, and if you can get a personal car, you better check it out thoroughly. That is about wholesale on the car.

Post everything you have on the car including the options list. If you have photos, post those as well and let everyone weigh-in on it for you. You may want to hide the plates and vin just in case someone can't control themselves.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Rasta
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
You will not be able to buy a dealer car for that price, and if you can get a personal car, you better check it out thoroughly. That is about wholesale on the car.

Post everything you have on the car including the options list. If you have photos, post those as well and let everyone weigh-in on it for you. You may want to hide the plates and vin just in case someone can't control themselves.
Options are pretty much what I noted:

Sport Chrono, short-shifter, Bose, Power seats, Heated seats. Slate was a $3.1K option, so without that the car is about $86.5 equipped.

I don't have any pics, but I have seen the car in person and it is beautiful. Slate really is a standout color!

Only issue is that he's got a front license plate ( ), so need to look into whether, once that is taken off, the holes can be filled. I assume bumper plugs can do the job here, but I'm wondering if I can make it look OEM (ie, smooth).

Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Rasta
Racer

BTW SilverSteel, I see from your sig that you are seeking a Gallardo. I have an '05 Pearl Yellow 6-speed and know these cars well, so happy to help if you need any guidance.

Best.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasta
Options are pretty much what I noted:

Sport Chrono, short-shifter, Bose, Power seats, Heated seats. Slate was a $3.1K option, so without that the car is about $86.5 equipped.

I don't have any pics, but I have seen the car in person and it is beautiful. Slate really is a standout color!

Only issue is that he's got a front license plate ( ), so need to look into whether, once that is taken off, the holes can be filled. I assume bumper plugs can do the job here, but I'm wondering if I can make it look OEM (ie, smooth).

Any thoughts?
A good body shop could do this but it would probably require a respray of the entire bumper. Contact Eric for some Bumper Plugs (BumperPlugs.com), which would be a much cheaper option than a respray.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

Firstly, I just do the bumper plugs and be done with it so no paint is needed. Unless it needs some touching up on the front anyway. Otherwise, I'd keep in simple. Now for your potential car, if it meets your fine inspection and it has the options you like, time to bring in an expert. I'd take it to a local Porsche shop and have them do a PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION. There are a couple of option on this, I go full tilt and have them do everything. With this in hand you'll know the car's paint history (if it has one they'll find it), undercarriage damage, and a few tricks of the trade. It's worth it. Don't cheap out and not do this on a high dollar car like this. The one time I cheaped out, I found out a spark plug was stripped in the engine block on an NSX costing me $800. Do it. Then you're ready to deal.

Gallardo. I assume you have the standard trani? I am considering the paddle shifting model as I hear it is incredible. Also, any complaints on the car that you have now that you've got it? Would you buy it again? BTW, I have no interest in the spyder.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

I got my 05 997 base with Navi and PASM for a little over $66k with taxes from the dealer CPO'd with 10k miles and otherwise very clean so anything is possible. Where there's a will there is a way

Quick Reply: Looking at a C2S - Pricing Input Requested