Sponsored by:

Mini Road Trip!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ryssyr
i've been wanting to take the car to vegas. some friends were planning an oct weekend. i love that town.

where did you cut over to the coast? did you come through barstow and cajon pass?
I went through Cajon pass at the beginning of the trip. On the way home I crossed over via route 58 through Barstow. It is quicker and you avoid construction near Cajon pass, but a flat tire on that stretch (rt 58) and I am sure it will be awhile before the tow truck arrives.

PM me when you are coming to town.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Best way to get to know your 911. I purchased mine from Ira Porsche in the Boston area and drove it off the lot back to NY, what a great ride and great way to break it in too.

I had my 2001 shipped to LA for a buyer and have driven that PCH many times, never get tired of it.

Thanks for the pics,
Rob

Saw Mill Pkwy in Westchester as well as the Palisades near Bear Mountain are fun too. Come to think of it 9W ain't too shabby either. Just a liitle too far for a "Mini" roadtrip. My 944T used to enjoy exercising on those roads.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Holli82
Saw Mill Pkwy in Westchester as well as the Palisades near Bear Mountain are fun too. Come to think of it 9W ain't too shabby either. Just a liitle too far for a "Mini" roadtrip. My 944T used to enjoy exercising on those roads.
When I bought my 2001 I lived in Scarsdale in Westchester, the Bronx River Parkway was my own.

Now I live up in Orange County NY (yes there's an OC here) and I take the Palisades daily, you just need to know where the troopers hang out or pay real close attention to your radar.

Harriman State Park is also fantastic and stunningly scenic.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Agree, the Saw Mill Pkwy in Westchester is a great drive.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't realize so many people were interested in coming to Vegas.

PM me when you are coming out.

I still need to meet up with Holli88 and Karlo33 who lives here in town.

A couple of weeks ago (August 19) I was driving my truck to Calif. I saw a Porsche with LV commemorative plates on it. I had it in sight for awhile, but then he eventually was going too fast for me.

Anyone here on this forum make this trip from Vegas on that day?

Quick Reply: Mini Road Trip!