Sponsored by:

997 engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You must not have broken it in correctily.....

GOTCH YA!

Sad to hear the engine replacement but happy to see Porsche do the right thing...

BTW - how hard is it to replace that engine anyways?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

numbers matching will not be an issue, there is no matching to the vin its just the case number assigned to it at "birth" the porsche record will be changed to show the new engines serial number and no one will be the wiser. Numbers matching will likely never be an issue in such a highly produced car.

How hard is it to replace...............really not al that hard, if you havre the tools and the know how, its a decent sized project and i owuldnt recmoned it for the average diy
Old 09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first bought my Porsche my dealer gave me a tour of the service facility, which I thought was off limits hehe. Anyway there were a couple of engines outside their body, I asked the service manager if it was hard and time consuming to take them out he said no.

Most cars manufactures do this now, but heres a short description just incase you didnt know:

Most wires are bundled together inside heavy duty cables. You simply have to unplug a few cables (that have many other wires inside) and the rest is mechanical.

Quick Reply: 997 engine replacement