Sponsored by:

Need help lowering my 997 C4s correctly

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:38 PM
rzundel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help lowering my 997 C4s correctly

I have done some research on lowering my 2006 C4s Cab correctly and I still am uncertain which way to go? Because I have an S model with PASM, the car is already naturally lower than normal. I am looking to lower the car about another 3/4 inches. I am looking at Techart, H&R and Rinspeed.

I would really like to get feedback from the forum on your experience with lowering a 997 with PASM and what approach you took? Is one spring really better than another? I would love to see pictures of your setup. Also, I live in the Los Angeles area. Let me now if any of you have a recommended installer? I have spoken to CEC and Motorform USA.

Last edited by rzundel; 09-01-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:52 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

Go with H&R, find a good local installer (someone will recommend one Im sure) and then head to West End Alignment in Gardena to get it all dialed in nicely. Will take a month to book your Porsche in but its quality work.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:47 PM
raffi
Pro

I did my carerra S with techart springs around 3/4 in drop and took it to West End, 2 week wait for me. very satisfied with Darrin's expertise and attention to detail.
My friend is about to take his c4s cab to arling at Lucent in West LA, I reccommend you check lucent, i would rather go there than cec.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:51 AM
rzundel
Instructor

When you say a 2 week wait, do you mean a 2 week lead time to get in or did he keep your car for 2 weeks? Ouch! I have to assume you meant the wait. I am not familiar with either West End or Lucent. Why do you like them better than CEC?

Originally Posted by raffi
I did my carerra S with techart springs around 3/4 in drop and took it to West End, 2 week wait for me. very satisfied with Darrin's expertise and attention to detail.
My friend is about to take his c4s cab to arling at Lucent in West LA, I reccommend you check lucent, i would rather go there than cec.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:24 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed Cargraphic springs (made by H&R to Cargraphic specs). The springs were $389 and the install was 6 hours by my Porsche dealer. Total cost, including parts, installation and full 4-wheel alignment was about $1500. Pictures and initial impressions were posted here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/294915-pics-lowering-springs-window-tint.html

MC
Old 09-01-2006, 04:08 AM
raffi
Pro

i have some experience with cec, although it was a long time ago. They did some wheels/tires for my 964. i just didnt like the service, and they are probably more expensive than all the others.
Arling/lucent has been on here and 6speed for many years, is a few miles west of cec, probably can get the best prices on most parts and has the most expensive alignment machine, excellent customer service etc
My friend needs springs, spacers, drop and alignment so he is going to lucent.
I went with west end because I read alot of positive comments about them on here plus I already had my springs so all i needed was someone to install and align. I think Darrin does all the work himself so there is usually a 2 week wait from the time you make the appointment. the only downside (for me) is that he is in gardena. i dropped the car off in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon.
I think the most important question is do you want the car to be noticeably lower?
looks like most people go with eibach and H&R because they figure if they are gonna drop the car than it better look dropped.
I think cargraphic and techart will lower only about 3/4 in.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
rzundel
Instructor

Thanks. Do you have any photos of the end result? Any problems with PASM using Techart?

Old 09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Take a look at my recent post with pics....has some before and after comparisons. I'm very pleased in appearance and performance.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 PM
raffi
Pro

I have tons of photos, you can just search with my name and see my drop. I think the cargraphic lowers alittle more, at least it looks that way in the pics.
I am not sure if my friend with the c4s cab has gone in yet but i will tell you what he decides on.
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2006, 07:01 PM
rzundel
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in what your C4s friend decides to do? Please keep me posted. I'm concerned there might not be a big enough difference if I go with Techart? There doesn't seem to be that much visible difference with what I've already got?

I have tons of photos, you can just search with my name and see my drop. I think the cargraphic lowers alittle more, at least it looks that way in the pics.
I am not sure if my friend with the c4s cab has gone in yet but i will tell you what he decides on.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 AM
raffi
Pro

if you put my car next to another carrera S, you can definitely tell that it is lowered, the c4S cab looks like a truck next to it.
but if you look at my car standing alone it looks like what the stock ride height should be.

Quick Reply: Need help lowering my 997 C4s correctly