Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Integration (Nav TV unit) Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:45 PM
MHK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have those issues. I believe those were the bugs that were fixed and tested on my car by Moni and his team on Friday. I did not have the system before Friday, so I have not experienced the issues.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
W211
Racer

After a few days with the NavTV system, I do see the song title bug. When I skip to the next song, because of the bug, it will actually only play the next song based on the 'stuck song' as a reference..
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

I am sure both companies (Nav-TV and Dension) will eventually get it fixed and smooth out all the bugs. Too much $$ at stake it seems as most of us desperately want to take our iPods with us. What would help more I agree would be if Porsche NA would team up (hell loan em an engineer or two) or even field test the two devices and make improvement suggestions for let say 1-2% of the sales maybe? That way it would be branded as a Porsche approved item and also probably would get completed alot quicker and more competently than the current trial by error methods. Not that I don't appreciate all that is being done by you guys so far. Just wonder why a better way wasn't attempted that was more ah collaborative?

Anyway, I'll see where it goes before I jump in the pond for my unit.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:57 PM
docsassy
AutoX

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I am sure both companies (Nav-TV and Dension) will eventually get it fixed and smooth out all the bugs. Too much $$ at stake it seems as most of us desperately want to take our iPods with us. What would help more I agree would be if Porsche NA would team up (hell loan em an engineer or two) or even field test the two devices and make improvement suggestions for let say 1-2% of the sales maybe? That way it would be branded as a Porsche approved item and also probably would get completed alot quicker and more competently than the current trial by error methods. Not that I don't appreciate all that is being done by you guys so far. Just wonder why a better way wasn't attempted that was more ah collaborative?

Anyway, I'll see where it goes before I jump in the pond for my unit.
Theres a team in Australia who are working directly with the local Porsche dealership and are currently testing in all Porsche vehicles including the CDR23/24 HU's. The unit is due to be released shortly.

Quick Reply: iPod Integration (Nav TV unit) Pics