Sponsored by:

Key Fob Remote Control Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:43 PM
barrett
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Key Fob Remote Control Issues?

I bought my '06 997S last April, and it came with two "real" keys and a valet key. Well, the remote on real key #1 failed after about a month; by that, I mean that the remote control lock/unlock/open the hood function didn't work anymore. To use key #1, I would have to physically put the key in the door lock to unlock and lock the door.

I figured the battery was dead. I then just switched to using key #2. That worked well for the past few months, but now I'm experiencing the same problems as key #1. The remote simply doesn't work.

Could it be that both key fobs have dead batteries? How is that possible on a four-month old car?

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:47 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

See page 20 in the owner's manual- maybe it's going into "standby mode". If the red light on on the fob illuminates when you press the buttons, your problem may not be the batteries.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Dro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went on a trip to Mexico for a week and left my 997S in the garage with the cover. When I returned from my trip i went to unlock her and the fob wasn't doing anything. I kept pushing both buttons and nothing was happening. After like 30 seconds of mashing the key fob it finally unlocked and has worked fine ever since.
So yea maybe yours is in standby mode like jhbrennan said. Whatever that means.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
barrett
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the quick responses. I will look in the Owner's Manual on page 20. I note, though, that my car has not been sitting without being used for any extended period of time. This problem on key #2 first emerged as I was trying to leave work yesterday evening (and the key had worked in the morning yesterday). Strange. Anyway, I will investigage.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Key Fob Remote Control Issues?