Sponsored by:

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:30 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billco
Since you seem to know just about everyting, maybe you could tell me why the search engine on this site works so poorly. You apparently live for this forum and have seen it all. Some of us casually visit and don't need condesending comments about not having searched before posting. Believe me, the first thing I did before posting my question was to click on "search" in the header bar, and key in "car cover". I got squat! Guide me, O' great one.

By the way I noticed that your first link actually shows "OCBen" asking the very same question about which car cover others like the best. I guess THAT was the first time the question had EVER been asked.

Whoa, slow down Turbo! Easy there...it's all good...sometimes we all get a little sarcastic, caustic and well, condescending, hang in there and have some fun, most mean no harm...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:37 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you could have any "outdoor" carcover for your Porsche, which one would you select?
carcoversdirect has comparison chart by fabric For outdoor use I find Noah best ccd is oem for bmw, btw
Old 09-01-2006, 02:54 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can recommend the Duststop cover that I ordered from Cal Car Cover. As for indoor garage covers it does what the name says it does stops dust and is a nice thick cover too so it will prevent the minor dents and scratches. Downside is it doesn't pack so small.

Don't let certain "forum police" do you harm.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:40 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Since you seem to know just about everyting, maybe you could tell me why the search engine on this site works so poorly. You apparently live for this forum and have seen it all. Some of us casually visit and don't need condesending comments about not having searched before posting. Believe me, the first thing I did before posting my question was to click on "search" in the header bar, and key in "car cover". I got squat! Guide me, O' great one.

By the way I noticed that your first link actually shows "OCBen" asking the very same question about which car cover others like the best. I guess THAT was the first time the question had EVER been asked.
Whoa there cowboy. Take a chill pill. Nobody was addressing you in the first place, certainly not I.

I was wondering what the above posts were referring to when I read about "forum police" and "search enforcers" and thought, "What the hell...did I miss something here?" And then I read your post and thought, "Who is this guy?....trying to address me and rambling about something I have no clue what he's talking about when all I was doing was replying to cr2000 and addressing him specifically!!!" .... Then I realized you were the thread starter and somehow you thought I was criticizing you in some way! ... Wow!

I suggest you re-read my post. I never alluded to the thread starter and I never mentioned anything at all remotely to do with not doing a search. I simply did a courtesy to the thread starter (whoever that was) and to others who wanted more information on car covers. I recalled that the thread starter was asking about outdoor covers and so I listed my thread on top of the search results since it covered outdoor and indoor covers and had good recommendations by others for each type. And yes, it was the very first in-depth thread on car covers in this forum. It was where I learned which indoor car cover is the best. I thought others might want to know as well.

Your groundless accusations are baseless, really. And you owe me an apology.

Btw, I also shared with others here my secrets and tips when searching. Granted, the search engine is not that sophisticated so you need to just use simple words and not phrases in your thread title searches. There are no wild cards available for the search field so you'll need to try words in singular and then plural form. But if you try singular first sometimes the plural form will also appear in your results. Single words work best. To search for car covers, the best key word is "cover" followed by "covers."

Quick Reply: Car Covers