Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of 997 S aero kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
CA997
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - I have a black 06' S w/factory aero that I am considering selling if anyone is interetsed. 3k miles (no stories - excellent condition); full two tone (blk/gray) leather; carerra classics; sport chrono; 6 speed; sport shifter; etc. Originally stickered around $100,000 (before the classics and the sport shifter were added). Never tracked or abused.

Fantastic car but need to make room for a new addition (cup car). Please e-mail me at mavenatti@gbpwlaw.com if interested. Willing to deal.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Meaker - VERY NICE! That is the first Lapis Blue 997 I have seen with the Aero Kit. What color is your interior? With any luck, I'll see you car on one rare trips into Charlotte.
I went with full black leather with a center console in lapis blue. Had a M3 with light grey so, I wanted a change and felt like the black would show less wear and stains.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by meaker
I went with full black leather with a center console in lapis blue. Had a M3 with light grey so, I wanted a change and felt like the black would show less wear and stains.
ooooh Lapis Blue center console with full black leather, now that's class! Pics!!!

I really have to change to the GT3 lower lip soon as it's now getting beatup from curb rash and steep driveways. I have one sitting in the garage, but have yet to put it on.

I hope yours will not get as bashed as mine did! DO yourself a favor, get the GT3 one and take off the original and store it. You'll thank me later!

Since I have the PCCB's and yellow seatbelts, I missed getting the "S" wheels painted black and the "S" in the script on the back done in yellow as a last highlight. I may put a temp yellow film on it to see how it looks for now. I also forgot to have the backs painted. Slipped my mind!

Meaker, Enjoy your new Aero!

Deanski
Old 08-30-2006, 12:26 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Deanski
ooooh Lapis Blue center console with full black leather, now that's class! Pics!!!

I really have to change to the GT3 lower lip soon as it's now getting beatup from curb rash and steep driveways. I have one sitting in the garage, but have yet to put it on.

I hope yours will not get as bashed as mine did! DO yourself a favor, get the GT3 one and take off the original and store it. You'll thank me later!

Since I have the PCCB's and yellow seatbelts, I missed getting the "S" wheels painted black and the "S" in the script on the back done in yellow as a last highlight. I may put a temp yellow film on it to see how it looks for now. I also forgot to have the backs painted. Slipped my mind!

Meaker, Enjoy your new Aero!

Deanski
Thanks. I have had my car for about 3 months and have scrape the bottom side of the front lip several times. Only the bottom edge so you can not really see it. Here is some pics. of the interior.
Attached Images   
Old 08-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

meaker
WOW
that painted rear console has never looked so right
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

VERY NICE!! Love the crest on the cover of the center console!

I'm telling you, it starts with just the lower edge getting a bit scrapped, then it's all downhill from there!

Deanski
Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Deanski
VERY NICE!! Love the crest on the cover of the center console!

I'm telling you, it starts with just the lower edge getting a bit scrapped, then it's all downhill from there!

Deanski
Ha Ha... I going to have a real problem when I lower it. Thinking of a spring thats will drops it a 3/4 inch. Maybe Techarts or Cargraphics, I think H&R will be to much for the lip. Somebody needs to make a aftermarket lip that's only half the size of the original.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks. I have had my car for about 3 months and have scrape the bottom side of the front lip several times. Only the bottom edge so you can not really see it. Here is some pics. of the interior.
Love that armrest! Too bad, Porsche won't let us buy it afterward.

Anyway, how did you do this to the carpeting?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

vacum it the wrong direction then with the grain, repeat.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Speed Yellow

Here are some pics of my internet buddy Oliver's 997S Aero. I met Oliver via my web site - he lives in Germany and took delivery of his 997 a few months back. The car also has SY instruments and Guards Red belts.
Check out this vid of his car also: http://coochas.com/porsche/Resources...ero-oliver.mp4

Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Guards Red

From a dealer inventory:

Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
vacum it the wrong direction then with the grain, repeat.
can you do a checker pattern?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:48 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Coochas
Here are some pics of my internet buddy Oliver's 997S Aero. I met Oliver via my web site - he lives in Germany and took delivery of his 997 a few months back. The car also has SY instruments and Guards Red belts.
Check out this vid of his car also: [url]
Damn, it looks nice!

"666" plate...would be perfect for the red one
Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Ha Ha... I going to have a real problem when I lower it. Thinking of a spring thats will drops it a 3/4 inch. Maybe Techarts or Cargraphics, I think H&R will be to much for the lip. Somebody needs to make a aftermarket lip that's only half the size of the original.
You are so right! I too am looking at H&R or others to lower that "SUV" look to the rear. Also, I'm getting the screens installed in the front radiator openings.

Or, we can take the lower lip off and see? HUMMM

Whichever, before yours get hosed, better get a spare and store one away somewhere for now. More so if you lower her!

Man, the red one has the wheels I wanted untill my order was locked. I really wanted the gloss black wheels, but oh well. The SY Aero is nice, but a bit much on the dials. Maybe if they brighten the dials a bit more it would look better. Hey, I even tried it on my mock-up order of my C2S, then changed to the GT White dials, but left the original as it was close to the white... well... maybe not.

Enjoy your new toy! Wait till you get past 2000 miles!!!

Deanski

Quick Reply: Pics of 997 S aero kit?