Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well its done....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Dro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! Too bad your married (i think) that thing is a serious panty dropper.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default um married?

dropping is quite ok with me.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Great car the Bentley, congratulations ....

I am using PS21 Wax on my silver E55 and is it working out pretty good so far. You'll get a boat load of opinions on waxes for your Bentley. Contact Moe Mistry at:

www.glisteningperfection.com

Moe can provide you with information and sell you the products you need to keep that Bentley looking good...
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black/terra
traded my car for $100K even towards a 2004 silver Bentley GT Coupe with 3744 miles on her.
The final selling price was $142,200.
so you could have got it for about $120k cash?
One huge advantage of this type of deal is that I only pay tax on the difference saving me about $8.5k overall.
that's because you already paid the tax on the porsche.
you didn't save a dime.

I'd be curious as to what the dealership is going to sell the P-car for but best beleive they'll make $10K one way or another.
huh? "best believe"? probably hoping to get $80k if their really lucky.
I would say overall I took about a $5k bath not incusive of shipping charges on this whole ordeal but I must say it was worth it.
slight understatement!
i learned a bit along the way and got a chance to own and drive one of the best cars out there.
but you had already owned two?
At 40 years of age, being my third 911, I finally felt as if I've outgrown the P.
how do you outgrow a car?
It's size and sporting character didnt mean as much to me now as I thought before I pulled the trigger.
all those few months ago?
I can post my driving impressions if theres any interest.
my grand father may be interested!
i'l be sure and let him know!
hope you don't outgrow the bentley!

future best,
jeff
Old 08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car is FAST. I was cruising at 120mph and SHE (yes a woman) decided not to let me overtake her and just crunched it. I could hear the W12 go. Even in my V10 M5 I could just barely stay with the Bentley. I had my wife and kid with me so I didn't choose to follow her past 160mph. Left me standing at 140mph while she hit probably 170mph. I did overtake her when she had to stop pour l'essence. And no she wasn't gorgeous (the woman) but just a short little lady with an attitude.
Congrats on the new car.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:43 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
my grand father may be interested!
i'l be sure and let him know!
hope you don't outgrow the bentley!

future best,
jeff
Not sure if California works the same as Colorado but on the sales tax issue, what he saved by trading in was mot having to pay tax on the full purchase price of the Bentley. The value of the trade was netted against the purchase price of the Bentley and he was taxed on the net amount. If he had sold the P-car outright he would have paid sales tax on the full cost of the Bentley. That's where the savings is.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

congrats pete looks - eh well the wheels aren't my taste, but as we all know, opinions are like....

Anyways, wow, I'm surprised you traded the car in for $100k - that's insane! You really sold it to them didn't you?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:01 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not sure if California works the same as Colorado but on the sales tax issue, what he saved by trading in was mot having to pay tax on the full purchase price of the Bentley. The value of the trade was netted against the purchase price of the Bentley and he was taxed on the net amount. If he had sold the P-car outright he would have paid sales tax on the full cost of the Bentley. That's where the savings is.
you sell at retail
you trade at wholesale
you pay tax on the sale price less the trade, that you already paid tax on.
if you sell the vehicle yourself, you receive more money unless you undervalue the vehicle.
so there is really a trade off, not a savings.
it would also have to be considered more of a penalty for selling the vehicle yourself than a savings for trading.

jeff
Old 08-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

who did you trade it to anyways? I want to see this thing sit online and not move.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
That's the way it works in most states. Jeff's point was that he paid tax on the Porsche for its purchase price when he bought it, so there really is no "saving", he just paid in two installments and lost the tax on the depreciation.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Frino
Pro

Sweet! As long as you're not driving around in L.A. you will likely never see another one. Was on a trip very recently and cruised around Malibu, Santa Monica, and Beverly Hills...literally saw 15 Bentley GT's over the course of three days. Definitely the new "it" car. Enjoy!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:04 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Default Sweet car, I like the Bently

I am trying to convince my father in law to trade his RR in on the GTC (or at least test drive it)
Old 08-25-2006, 07:20 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

IN & OUT: sell your car to an individual and have them do the paperwork at your dealer for the car you sold them. This allows you and the dealer to "wash the trade", off set your cost bases in your old car to you new car, thereby saving you taxes. I do this often! The best of both worlds.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:32 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yo! thats a pimp ride yo!
Looks like its right outta Ultimate Whips.....
Are the front grills on those cars REALLY made of "chrome look" plastic? Thought I read an article about that.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:06 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats, I can't wait to hear how it drives.

Quick Reply: well its done....