Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod added today and Raytel Bluetooth 4200

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:45 AM
lazlo9
Advanced

Default Ipod added today and Raytel Bluetooth 4200

Ipod is great. New Nav-TV unit rocks. Perfect sound and not totally simple... but once you get the procedures down... pretty smooth to control via Nav screen and number pad.

Raytel 4200 seems like it will be good but New treo 700 not sounding good through it yet. they tested it on other models and said it was crystal clear but for me it sounds distant and hollow. they will adjust gain but otherwise I'll probably switch phones and not mess with install.

Funny, I thought Ipod would mess up not the phone!

seems like once that is solved it will be a great package choice. Voice recognition is excellent already.
Old 08-25-2006 | 09:29 AM
SDSmith
Advanced

If you could post some screenshots of the NAV-TV setup that would be great.

Stephen
Old 08-25-2006 | 12:19 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

What options do you have? Obviously Navigation but do you also have SAT Radio? My installer is on his 4th NAV TV untit going in today in my 06 C2S CAB with NAV, SAT Radio and Telephone Module. Mine NAV TV continues to not wake-up each time the car is started and aslo has caused issues with SAT Radio. I am hoping today's try will fix all of that.
Old 08-25-2006 | 12:24 PM
scottmc
Intermediate

Also, where did you have it installed? I'm in LA area and looking for a good installer.
Old 08-25-2006 | 12:36 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

I have an update from Custom Installations. He is at Porsche now and just finished installing the 4th NAVT TV module into my car. He said it is working better and wakes up most of the time. Additionally, only sporadic problems with the SAT Radio initializing. This is progress. Apparently, the lead tech from NAV TV may fly-up on Monday to work on my car directly since there are so many of us now with SAT radio. I also have the telephone module 666 but that has not been impacted with any of the modules yet.
Old 08-25-2006 | 01:15 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
I have an update from Custom Installations. He is at Porsche now and just finished installing the 4th NAVT TV module into my car. He said it is working better and wakes up most of the time. Additionally, only sporadic problems with the SAT Radio initializing. This is progress. Apparently, the lead tech from NAV TV may fly-up on Monday to work on my car directly since there are so many of us now with SAT radio. I also have the telephone module 666 but that has not been impacted with any of the modules yet.
What exactly are the symptoms of the SAT radio "initialization" problem? Is there a workaround to restore SAT service, like, perhaps, unplugging the iPod? BTW, I appreciate you serving as the guinnea pig in this experiment and, as one with a similarly optioned vehicle, am anxiously watching your progress. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2006 | 01:41 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

If you turn the radio off and then on again all is back to normal and the SAT radio displays as it should. If the ipod does not wake up, simply unplug it and plug it back in. All in all these are not huge issues except that it may evetually calls issues with the MOST system.
Old 08-26-2006 | 01:31 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

I too have had some issues with SAT kit installed. Every now and then it "hangs" and cannot change stations. One day, it came up with the "order Sirius" banner. After turning it off for more than 10 minutes, everything works again. I get the hang every now and then. The message was the first.

Still love having the sat unit! I hope Sirius gets better coverage.

Now that I'm over break in, seems no point in having sat or stereo on at all when I have Sport exhaust on!

Enjoy the IPOD!

Deanski
Old 08-27-2006 | 01:15 AM
lazlo9
Advanced

What options do you have? Obviously Navigation but do you also have SAT Radio? My installer is on his 4th NAV TV untit going in today in my 06 C2S CAB with NAV, SAT Radio and Telephone Module. Mine NAV TV continues to not wake-up each time the car is started and aslo has caused issues with SAT Radio. I am hoping today's try will fix all of that.

Actually I don't have navigation. I have Bose and I have the screen for Nav so Ipod went in nicely. Tomorrow I can post screen shots but it works very well and sounds perfect. Also, problem of having to unplug ipod every time you turn on car is gone with new unit (an update from the one that had bugs). I recommend to any one...

also I went to Audio 2000 in West LA. My contact's name is Virgil. Tell him Brian with the 911 Ipod install sent you!

As for 4200, I just adjusted sensetivity for microphone to highest setting and will see if people are happy with my voice quality after a full day of calls.
Old 08-27-2006 | 02:06 AM
997driver
Racer

Did you buy the unit from audio 2000 as well?
Old 08-27-2006 | 12:23 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

If you would be so kind as to post photos and parts used, I think we'd all be really grateful. Can't wait to see your new addition...
Old 08-27-2006 | 06:53 PM
lazlo9
Advanced

Originally Posted by 997driver
Did you buy the unit from audio 2000 as well?
yes I did

Also, I adjusted Raytel 4200 sensetivity to highest and now everyone says it sounds like a regular Cell phone. VERY HAPPY with it now.
Old 08-28-2006 | 02:03 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

UPDATE!!! I just had the 4th or 5th NAV-TV iPod installed and everthing works perfectly now. Just a reminder, I have Nav, SAT Radio, Telephone Module (Option 666) and Sport Chrono. It was installed by www.carinstallations.com. They do all of my K40 Calibre installs as well as things car electronics related. I will try to post pics tonight.
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:58 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

UPDATE!!! I just had the 4th or 5th NAV-TV iPod installed and everthing works perfectly now. Just a reminder, I have Nav, SAT Radio, Telephone Module (Option 666) and Sport Chrono. It was installed by www.carinstallations.com. They do all of my K40 Calibre installs as well as things car electronics related. I will try to post pics tonight.
Do post some pictures, if you can. Also, what was the cost, all in? Very exciting!
Old 08-29-2006 | 08:38 AM
drex
Track Day

$599 for nav tv unit people (retail cost) you can buy directly from them, and install yourself..

Quick Reply: Ipod added today and Raytel Bluetooth 4200