997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod added today and Raytel Bluetooth 4200

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 02:18 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Rshanholtz - any chance to post some pictures? I work in Stamford, so I sent an email to the installers you used to find out more.
Old 08-30-2006 | 04:36 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Yes, sorry for not doing so already. Just getting back from vacation and I have been crazed. I will definitely post tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Did you get yours at Greenwich or Danbury?
Old 08-30-2006 | 06:37 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Yes, sorry for not doing so already. Just getting back from vacation and I have been crazed. I will definitely post tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Did you get yours at Greenwich or Danbury?
Actually, I got it from Roger Beasley, in Texas. Unfortunately, Danbury had no '06 C4S cab inventory and both Greenwich and Fairfield were unwilling to deal at the levels I bid. I did buy our '06 Cayenne S from Fairfield and they were very negotiable, back then; not as willing, for whatever reason, on this purchase. Their service dep't is pretty good, though.
Old 08-30-2006 | 11:26 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Default Finally Some Pics of iPod Kit from NAV TV

Please see the pics below. I remember seeing song text in the INFO section before. It may be empty now as I did not let the iPod run long enough for the system to download the information. I have a 60g iPod with close to 40g on it. Also, for those of you who have the multi-function wheel, the right spin wheel and return button below will navigate everything as well as the radio controls. That was a bonus discovery. Enjoy the pics and feel free to fire away the questions.

Main Menu

Audio Menu- CD List

Audio Menu-Playlist- Track List

Audio Menu-Playlist- Track List

IP- not very useful

"Track 6.." means system has loaded your input, click on track list

Nothing came up but it ususally does, iPod not not fully loaded yet

Steering wheel controls on right- spin wheel, enter & "go Back"
Old 08-30-2006 | 11:41 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Very nice! What was the installation cost? In retrospect, is installation something that is easily done, yourself? Where did you run the iPod lead (i.e. glove compartment)? Also, how quick is it in scrolling through songs/artists?
Old 08-30-2006 | 11:45 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Ba-ba-bad-***! Is this an optical connetion to maintain digital format, or an alternative? Please share the parts used in the alterations so we can figure it out. THANKS...
Old 08-31-2006 | 12:14 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

gmaier- Parts and installation cost were $600. I was not comfortable attempting the install. That said, there is a box and a few connectors. The ipod lead was run to the glovebox so the ipod connects and stays in the glovebox. The buffer is not that large, it will hold a page and a half of text. So when you scroll to the end of the buffer, it takes 2-4 seconds to refresh to the next page. If you have steering wheel controls, this is not a big deal. I have the photo ipod. I will try the system with my wife's video ipod to see if that a makes a difference with speed.

SilverSteel- Thanks for the sentiment, I agree it is Ba-ba-bad-***. It is an optical connection that plugs in on the MOST ring where the 6 disc CD changer would. Obviously, you will use the use of the changer. Parts are basic. A box and some connectors. I believe Nav TV is working on instructions now.

Quick Reply: Ipod added today and Raytel Bluetooth 4200